The Marvel Cinematic Universe in 3 Phases or The Goons of Gotham

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe in 3 Phases or The Goons of Gotham

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:39 pm

Yakima Canutt wrote:
what you should be wondering about now is whether you are joining Team Iron-Man (Tony Stark) or Team Cap (Steve Rogers)

Keep in mind, this time around, Tony is the Republican Establishment's enforcer (once a defense contractor, always a defense contractor, as Sangeet says) and Steve Rogers is spearheading (or shield-heading) a grass roots insurgency out of loyalty for his good good friend, Bucky "Bucky" Barnes

spoiler wanring

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:44 pm

oh, that's right, you already said you are staying with the Republican Establishment because they have Black ScarJo

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:51 pm

that's probably the sensible choice.

cuz Team Cap has some nice people, but they are mostly benchwarmers

tho in fairness, Crazy Witch® cud represent an intriguing x-factor (no mutant pun intended)

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:57 pm

note : those lineups don't account for BLACK PANTHER, who at least, according to my sources, starts off using his African Claws and Panther Smelling to HUNT Bucky Barnes ... Black Panther is going to radicalize the balance of power here in one way or another, you better be sure

spoiler wraning

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:01 pm

ha!  Zack is going to be hopping mad if he finds out I've been pimping MARVEL CIVIL WAR just 13 days before the unveiling of DC DAWN OF JUSTICIA: BATMAN AND SUPERMAN FIGHTING?

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:16 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:oh, that's right, you already said you are staying with the Republican Establishment because they have Black ScarJo
I don't remember saying that, but if there's a black ScarJo, that's the team I want to be on.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:02 am

did i already explain how the Disney MCU cannot refer to mutants like Crazy Witch® as mutants, because 20th Century Fox owns the rights to Marvel Mutant Movie Mutterings, but they don't own the rights to all Marvel Mutants, so a Disney or Sony can use an available Marvel Mutant so long as they don't refer to them as a mutant.  LoLMoA

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:38 am

i forgot, what the fuck is Vision?

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:42 am

Vision is a powerful, synthetic being born from a Vibranium-laced body created by Ultron and Helen Cho, programmed by Tony Stark and Bruce Banner using J.A.R.V.I.S.-based codes, and activated by the Mind Stone that was hidden inside The Chitauri Scepter. Originally conceived as the perfect form for Ultron, Vision was repurposed when Tony Stark and Bruce Banner implanted J.A.R.V.I.S.-based codes into his mind, granting him a benevolent personality and a fondness for humanity. This led him to joining the Avengers to stop Ultron. After the Ultron Offensive, Vision formally became a member of the Avengers under the leadership of Steve Rogers.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:25 am

JUSTICIA IS COMING TO KOREATOWN JUSTICIA IS COMING TO KOREATOWN JUSTICIA IS COMING TO KOREATOWN JUSTICIA IS COMING TO KOREATOWN JUSTICIA IS COMING TO KOREATOWN JUSTICIA IS COMING TO KOREATOWN JUSTICIA IS COMING TO KOREATOWN JUSTICIA IS COMING TO KOREATOWN JUSTICIA IS COMING TO KOREATOWN JUSTICIA IS COMING TO KOREATOWN JUSTICIA IS COMING TO KOREATOWN

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:59 am

I first heard about Batman v Superman at a party. It was the Warner Bros party at Comic-Con three years ago, and they had synchronized swimmers in the rooftop pool. A big rumor was making the rounds - Zack Snyder was going to announce a sequel to Man of Steel at the WB panel, and it was going to be Batman vs Superman (back then we still had an s in the vs). The rumor was accompanied by another rumor - this decision had just been made days before; Snyder would be taking the stage to announce something so fresh they had little beyond a concept.

The reaction in Hall H was enormous. Comic-Con is an enormous pain in the ass, but if you can get into Hall H and be there when one of the magical moments happens - when Harrison Ford takes the stage or when the entire cast of The Avengers walks out - you'll be glad you battled the crowds and the smells. It's easy to get really worked up. It's easy to get swept away in the energy and excitement of 6000 cheering, screaming, stomping fans. It's cool (it's also what I imagine a Trump rally is like, except harnessed for evil as opposed to marketing). And that day, being in that room, the energy was electric. It was like a chain reaction, with a wave of excitement rippling through the gigantic space.

Here we are three years later, just a week away from the official release and about 24 hours away from the junket press seeing the film for the first time. The movie has screened - long lead national press, like Anthony Breznican of Entertainment Weekly, has seen it. The movie played for IMAX execs a couple of weeks back, and it screened to exhibitors last week. Employee screenings at Warner Bros are either happening this week or in the next few days. But tomorrow is when the people most likely to break embargo and give out an opinion will see the film. On top of that, the critics from the trades may well be in the theater, and they have a huge history of breaking embargo and running a review whenever the hell they feel like it (critics at the major trades have an email chain amongst each other where they decide when to break an embargo, I've been told). So we're close to the point where Batman v Superman isn't just speculation, it's going to be a sea of opinions and counteropinions. I suspect it'll get ugly along the way. Things get ugly with this movie pretty easily, it seems.

It's been a fascinating trip, these three years. Reactions have been all over the place along the way - remember when the Internet freaked the fock out that Ben Affleck was hired to play Batman? Remember when we first heard that weird title? Remember when people claimed I was lying when I said Doomsday was in the movie? I'm going to be interested in reading a behind the scenes book about this film, which started its life as a reaction to the reception of Man of Steel and has become the cornerstone of a decade's worth of upcoming superhero films. Batman v Superman isn't just a movie - it's a massive leap for Warner Bros, and it's a film that could determine the careers of quite a few high-ranking executives at the studio. It's looking as though the film will open well, possibly exceeding The Hunger Games' March opening weekend box office (current predictions place BvS about $10 million lower than Hunger Games, tho modern tracking - as proven by Deadpool - isn't reliable), but the studio needs more than a big weekend; many analysts believe the film needs to do $1 billion at the global box office to be a true success (it probably needs about $800 million global just to break even). Since Man of Steel did $668 million globally, WB must be hoping that Batman can push the film the extra $340 million over the top.

So here are the three narratives for the next week, as reactions come in (first junket screening tomorrow, fan screening Monday, press screenings and embargo lift Tuesday): is it a good movie? Is it a good foundation for the DC movie universe? And will it be a hit or will it create some chaos inside Warner Bros, a studio that has seen some serious high profile flops like Jupiter Ascending and Pan recently? They're three interesting narratives because one is purely artistic - will it be any good? - one is purely commercial - will it be a hit? - and one is perfectly in the middle - does it set up the expanded universe successfully? That, to me, is the entire blockbuster world in a microcosm. And in about 9 days we should have the answer to all three of these.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:08 pm

How can Bruce Wayne--who's just a regular guy with body armor (even if he works out)--fight a man of steel that has x-ray vision and stuff?

We answered this question back in grade school.bounce

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:13 pm

in Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns, which DAWN OF JUSTICIA is "inspired" by, i beleev Bat-Man uses kryptonite weaponry against the so-called Man of Steel.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:36 pm

pinhedz wrote:in grade school. bounce  

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:03 am

^
I think my dad read that one (I'll ask him).

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:19 pm

Without a doubt, one of the most eagerly anticipated moments in the latest Captain America: Civil War trailer was the first Marvel Cinematic Universe appearance of Tom Holland’s Spider-Man, without a doubt. Fans had been waiting to lay eyes on the wall-crawler ever since it was announced the beloved character would appear in Cap’s third not-so-solo movie.

After Spidey's cool entrance in the last few seconds of the trailer, fans have been very vocal about their feelings regarding his overall appearance, and the reactions have been mixed. One of the complaints was that the costume didn’t look finished, and you’d be right about that. Here’s what The Russo Brothers told Forbes:

JR: The design of the costume is what it is. That’s the design that we love, it’s the design that Kevin Feige loves, and so on. He’s a very popular character so it’s always going to be controversial, people are always going to love or hate what you do with him, but all we can do is make sure that we love it, that we are true to ourselves and true to how we feel about the character and then hope that everybody else digs it.

AR: Part of issue is that we gave such a small impression of the character in that trailer, it’s something of a Rorschach test where people can pour as much of their Spidey anxieties out but when they see the movie they are going to get a very big picture of a very complete character that they have never seen before. It’s kind of hard to react to people’s reactions but they will change radically when they see the movie.

JR: And there is still effects work that needs to be done on it.

The filmmaking duo, who say it’s still to be determined whether Peter Parker will be involved in the events of Avengers: Infinity War (how could he NOT, though?), revealed that if indeed Spidey joins the fight against Thanos (Josh Brolins), his costume’s appearance will probably evolve.

JR: Without question. We like making strong choices with characters so while this might be a slightly more traditional, Steve Ditko influenced suit, it is certainly in our vocabulary to develop it into something more extreme as the storytelling requires. I think there are things that people will discover when they see the film about why the suit operates the way it does, why the eyes move, all that stuff is substantiated. Everybody wants the answers yesterday but then what would be the point of seeing the movie?

As to why viewers should give the third Spidey incarnation in 14 years (the character was played byToby Maguire in 2002’s Spider-Man and its two sequels, while Andrew Garfield played him in 2012’s The Amazing Spider-Man and its 2014 sequel) another chance -- and what were the pros and cons of this -- Joe Russo said:

JR: There are pros and cons without question; there is the fatigue factor that comes with it. I’m a skeptical fan and I would look at the multiple versions and I would even go, ‘Guys, give me a break. Let me wash my palette clean of whatever the last interpretation was because you’re exhausting me!’ However, there are a couple of key factors here. One of them is that he’s back in the Marvel Universe, he’s interacting with characters that you’ve never seen him interact with before, it’s actually a young actor playing the part which is a new interpretation of the character and that’s what I remember about the character when I was a kid. The cons are obviously fatigue but the pros are that it could potentially be a really invigorating piece of storytelling and a catalyzing interpretation of the character. At the end of the day, the purpose here is to deliver a Spider-Man that people will **** themselves over.

You know what they say- third time’s the charm! As for the casting of Tom Holland and the role Spidey will play in Civil War, here’s what Anthony Russo said:

AR: We went through a very thorough casting process, we tested Tom Holland vigorously with Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr,, we screen tested him along with several other actors, it was a very intense part of making Captain America: Civil War because he was an important part of the movie to us. Finally it’s all secure and we’re at a place where we can present him even in just a small taste.

AR: I’ll say this, part of the fun of Spider-Man is that this film is basically a war amongst the Avengers and Spidey does not have the baggage that all these other characters have. He enters the story after the conflict that is happening between the Avengers and that gives him a very unique place in the story.

What did you think of Spider-Man’s costume? Are you excited to see the MCU’s take on the beloved superhero?

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:16 pm; edited 6 times in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:35 pm

the wonky Ditko version:

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:04 pm

EXCLUSCOOP

my sources are saying Amber Heard has been named the new MERA, AQUATIC VIXEN

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:03 pm

yoo r porbably wonderin what that sweaty clav funk was in the Ant-Man picture so i will tell it is Los Commodores

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:37 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:
Isn't that ScarJo in the Joel and Ethan movie?

I think I should pass on a tip from some anglo-Celtic sailor songs--No matter how sexy she looks, it's no good if she's scaley. Mad

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:21 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:35 pm

BATMAN v SUPERMAN v GRISWOLD v CONNECTICUT : YAWN OR MUST US?

Philadelphia Inquirer Steven Rea
Batman v Superman lacks the levity (forced or otherwise) of a typical Marvel Universe entry. But Snyder's superpowered epic does have a sense of import and grandeur about it.

Chicago Sun-Times Richard Roeper
When it sings, “Dawn of Justice” is a wonder. When it drags, it still looks good and offers hints of a better scene just around the corner.

Rolling Stone Peter Travers
Better than Man of Steel but below the high bar set by Nolan's Dark Knight, Dawn of Justice is still a colossus, the stuff that DC Comics dreams are made of for that kid in all of us who yearns to see Batman and Superman suit up and go in for the kill.

USA Today Brian Truitt
BvS will please those either waiting for the two main players to lock horns on a movie screen, or those who've just been pining for Wonder Woman forever. And for the nerdier crowds, a fleeting glimpse at other superheroes hints this is the Dawn of something potentially sensational.

Los Angeles Times Kenneth Turan
The director, a strong technician whose slam-bang emphatic, occasionally operatic style seems made for comic book adaptations, has been well-served by an adept script co-written by Chris Terrio (an Oscar winner for Ben Affleck's "Argo") and David S. Goyer, which raises a number of interesting issues.

Variety Andrew Barker
Snyder has set a Sisyphean task for himself. That this very long, very brooding, often exhilarating and sometimes scattered epic succeeds as often it does therefore has to be seen as an achievement.

ReelViews James Berardinelli
Once Batman v Superman hits its stride, most viewers will feel equal parts pummeled and immersed. Snyder is a master of the dark spectacle and he pours it on starting around the movie’s midpoint.... Still, although viewers may be riveted at times, the net experience isn’t much fun.

RogerEbert.com Matt Zoller Seitz
There are a few brilliantly realized moments, the acting is mostly strong despite the weak script (Affleck and Cavill are both superb—Affleck unexpectedly so), and there's enough mythic raw material sunk deep in every scene that you can piece together a classic in your mind if you're feeling charitable; but if you aren't, “Batman v. Superman” will seem like a missed opportunity.

Salon.com Andrew O'Hehir
This movie isn’t nearly as terrible as I was expecting, largely due to Snyder’s OCD-level attention to the visual details. And, yes, due to Wonder Woman (played by Israeli actress Gal Gadot), who brings in a badly needed dose of “Dragon Tattoo”-style female energy.

Arizona Republic Bill Goodykoontz
Yes, questions regarding violence and mayhem are drowned out by violence and mayhem. Such is the superhero life as directed by Zack Snyder. There is no problem that can't be solved with a cranium-rattling explosion or two.

TheWrap Alonso Duralde
That face-off between two comics legends becomes but one in a series of big things bashing into other big things, which is what Snyder and writers Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer mistake for storytelling. The trio do manage to cough up an acceptable number of ooh-that’s-cool moments, and fans who will be satisfied with those will be satisfied with those, but any other ideas and characters the movie might offer get lost in the rubble.

Boston Globe Ty Burr
It plants a flag for a new corporate entertainment franchise and it will make international containerships of money, so does it matter that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is joyless and incoherent? Probably not.

Austin Chronicle Marc Savlov
Of course, the film is critic-proof, but as a longtime comic book (and film) nerd, I can say with some surety that Snyder has crammed too much of a great thing into his film, resulting in a super-slog that has just too much of everything.

Slant Magazine Christopher Gray
A sequel that functions as origin story, apologia, and harbinger of a second expanded universe of overpopulated action bonanzas.

Charlotte Observer Lawrence Toppman
I recommend “Batman v. Superman” to anyone who thought director Zack Snyder showed too much restraint in “300,” who felt “Man of Steel” whisked by too briefly or who wondered how Ben Affleck could be made to seem one of America’s most animated actors while clenching his jaw as tight as a Christmas nutcracker.

Tampa Bay Times Steve Persall
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice was supposed to settle a fanboy debate older than Adam West. Instead it raises another: Is being a superhero really this much of a drag?

The Telegraph Robbie Collin
No major blockbuster in years has been this incoherently structured, this seemingly uninterested in telling a story with clarity and purpose.

Screen International Fionnuala Halligan
Gorging on bombast and self-importance, swamped by its own mythology, Batman v Superman is loud, sprawling, and distracted. The action jumps around almost as fast as a man can fly, but nowhere near as smoothly.

The Hollywood Reporter Todd McCarthy
The villain here, Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor, is so intensely annoying that, very early on, you wish Batman and Superman would just patch up their differences and join forces to put the squirrely rascal out of his, and our, misery.

Time Out New York Joshua Rothkopf
If there’s any justice, dawning or otherwise, at the multiplex, audiences will reject Zack Snyder’s lumbering, dead-on-arrival superhero mélange, a $250 million tombstone for a genre in dire need of a break.

The Globe and Mail (Toronto) Barry Hertz
The film might be pretty to look at, but narratively speaking, it is a disaster.

Chicago Tribune Michael Phillips
Snyder is not without skills, or ideas, but when a critic finds himself at odds with almost every aspect of a director’s visual approach to material like this, material like this becomes pretty joyless.

The New York Times A.O. Scott
It is about as diverting as having a porcelain sink broken over your head.

Wall Street Journal Joe Morgenstern
Spasms of highfalutin philosophy, and howlingly pretentious dream sequences, serve only as the thinnest of veneers for incessant action in one of the most assaultive movies ever made.

The Film Stage Brian Roan
It is a movie ostensibly about consequences that never lingers long enough on its own story to consider that the things happening in the narrative present ought to have consequences as well. Very little matters; very little makes sense.

Slate Jonathan L. Fischer
To put it delicately, this comics fan hated Batman v Superman with the fury of a thousand red-dwarf suns. Blunt, humorless, and baffling, it collides the brutish directorial stamp of its director (he of 300 and Watchmen fame) with the most shameless instincts of our latter-day superhero franchise bubble.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:06 pm

Yakima Canutt wrote:

BATMAN v SUPERMAN v GRISWOLD v CONNECTICUT : YAWN OR MUST US?

Philadelphia Inquirer Steven Rea
Batman v Superman lacks the levity (forced or otherwise) of a typical Marvel Universe entry. But Snyder's superpowered epic does have a sense of import and grandeur about it.

Chicago Sun-Times Richard Roeper
When it sings, “Dawn of Justice” is a wonder. When it drags, it still looks good and offers hints of a better scene just around the corner.

Rolling Stone Peter Travers
Better than Man of Steel but below the high bar set by Nolan's Dark Knight, Dawn of Justice is still a colossus, the stuff that DC Comics dreams are made of for that kid in all of us who yearns to see Batman and Superman suit up and go in for the kill.

USA Today Brian Truitt
BvS will please those either waiting for the two main players to lock horns on a movie screen, or those who've just been pining for Wonder Woman forever. And for the nerdier crowds, a fleeting glimpse at other superheroes hints this is the Dawn of something potentially sensational.

Los Angeles Times Kenneth Turan
The director, a strong technician whose slam-bang emphatic, occasionally operatic style seems made for comic book adaptations, has been well-served by an adept script co-written by Chris Terrio (an Oscar winner for Ben Affleck's "Argo") and David S. Goyer, which raises a number of interesting issues.

Variety Andrew Barker
Snyder has set a Sisyphean task for himself. That this very long, very brooding, often exhilarating and sometimes scattered epic succeeds as often it does therefore has to be seen as an achievement.

ReelViews James Berardinelli
Once Batman v Superman hits its stride, most viewers will feel equal parts pummeled and immersed. Snyder is a master of the dark spectacle and he pours it on starting around the movie’s midpoint.... Still, although viewers may be riveted at times, the net experience isn’t much fun.

RogerEbert.com Matt Zoller Seitz
There are a few brilliantly realized moments, the acting is mostly strong despite the weak script (Affleck and Cavill are both superb—Affleck unexpectedly so), and there's enough mythic raw material sunk deep in every scene that you can piece together a classic in your mind if you're feeling charitable; but if you aren't, “Batman v. Superman” will seem like a missed opportunity.

Salon.com Andrew O'Hehir
This movie isn’t nearly as terrible as I was expecting, largely due to Snyder’s OCD-level attention to the visual details. And, yes, due to Wonder Woman (played by Israeli actress Gal Gadot), who brings in a badly needed dose of “Dragon Tattoo”-style female energy.

Arizona Republic Bill Goodykoontz
Yes, questions regarding violence and mayhem are drowned out by violence and mayhem. Such is the superhero life as directed by Zack Snyder. There is no problem that can't be solved with a cranium-rattling explosion or two.

TheWrap Alonso Duralde
That face-off between two comics legends becomes but one in a series of big things bashing into other big things, which is what Snyder and writers Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer mistake for storytelling. The trio do manage to cough up an acceptable number of ooh-that’s-cool moments, and fans who will be satisfied with those will be satisfied with those, but any other ideas and characters the movie might offer get lost in the rubble.

Boston Globe Ty Burr
It plants a flag for a new corporate entertainment franchise and it will make international containerships of money, so does it matter that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is joyless and incoherent? Probably not.

Austin Chronicle Marc Savlov
Of course, the film is critic-proof, but as a longtime comic book (and film) nerd, I can say with some surety that Snyder has crammed too much of a great thing into his film, resulting in a super-slog that has just too much of everything.

Slant Magazine Christopher Gray
A sequel that functions as origin story, apologia, and harbinger of a second expanded universe of overpopulated action bonanzas.

Charlotte Observer Lawrence Toppman
I recommend “Batman v. Superman” to anyone who thought director Zack Snyder showed too much restraint in “300,” who felt “Man of Steel” whisked by too briefly or who wondered how Ben Affleck could be made to seem one of America’s most animated actors while clenching his jaw as tight as a Christmas nutcracker.

Tampa Bay Times Steve Persall
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice was supposed to settle a fanboy debate older than Adam West. Instead it raises another: Is being a superhero really this much of a drag?

The Telegraph Robbie Collin
No major blockbuster in years has been this incoherently structured, this seemingly uninterested in telling a story with clarity and purpose.

Screen International Fionnuala Halligan
Gorging on bombast and self-importance, swamped by its own mythology, Batman v Superman is loud, sprawling, and distracted. The action jumps around almost as fast as a man can fly, but nowhere near as smoothly.

The Hollywood Reporter Todd McCarthy
The villain here, Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor, is so intensely annoying that, very early on, you wish Batman and Superman would just patch up their differences and join forces to put the squirrely rascal out of his, and our, misery.

Time Out New York Joshua Rothkopf
If there’s any justice, dawning or otherwise, at the multiplex, audiences will reject Zack Snyder’s lumbering, dead-on-arrival superhero mélange, a $250 million tombstone for a genre in dire need of a break.

The Globe and Mail (Toronto) Barry Hertz
The film might be pretty to look at, but narratively speaking, it is a disaster.

Chicago Tribune Michael Phillips
Snyder is not without skills, or ideas, but when a critic finds himself at odds with almost every aspect of a director’s visual approach to material like this, material like this becomes pretty joyless.

The New York Times A.O. Scott
It is about as diverting as having a porcelain sink broken over your head.

Wall Street Journal Joe Morgenstern
Spasms of highfalutin philosophy, and howlingly pretentious dream sequences, serve only as the thinnest of veneers for incessant action in one of the most assaultive movies ever made.

The Film Stage Brian Roan
It is a movie ostensibly about consequences that never lingers long enough on its own story to consider that the things happening in the narrative present ought to have consequences as well. Very little matters; very little makes sense.

Slate Jonathan L. Fischer
To put it delicately, this comics fan hated Batman v Superman with the fury of a thousand red-dwarf suns. Blunt, humorless, and baffling, it collides the brutish directorial stamp of its director (he of 300 and Watchmen fame) with the most shameless instincts of our latter-day superhero franchise bubble.

Batmans v Supeman has a Metacritic rating of 44/100 (mixed consensus) but a Rotten Tomato Rating of 30/100 (splat).

What accounts for the difference?

Rotten Tomatoes tallies MANY more NoNames from Obscure Outlets- NoNames get more attention when they go negative.

and some of the Rotten "critics" are really just Buzzistas, who will go along with whatever the buzz is.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:02 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:09 pm