The Marvel Cinematic Universe in 3 Phases or The Goons of Gotham

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe in 3 Phases or The Goons of Gotham

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:08 pm

Yakima Canutt wrote:crafty Columbiana depended on her stealth, agility, and sneakiness to be a master assassin and she had guns ...

i will admit i only saw Act One, on the van ride to Chowchilla

https://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:30 pm

a Gotham spinoff is such a terrible idea that I must speak, lest this terrible destiny come to pass.

Gotham is a bad show. Now, I watch it, and often I even enjoy it. But it is not a well-made show full of rich, compelling characters. It is a mess. It is a show about a bunch of insane, terrible people doing insane, terrible things, in a world that ostensibly is leading to the Batman universe while the show actually works to destroy every fundament of the Batman universe that we know.

This is a world where Jim Gordon, ostensibly the only good cop in Gotham, is willing to shoot an unarmed criminal in the face (while he’s tied up!) just in case he commits future crimes. It’s a world where Bruce Wayne’s loyal butler Alfred is not just willing, but happy, to threaten and hit children. It is a world where Edward Nygma, the man who will become the supervillain known as the Riddler, works in the Gotham City Police Department as a medical examiner, tells people riddles all the time, and even drinks out of a mug with a question mark on it, and yet is somehow supposed to eventually go on to be a viable criminal.

Gotham is terrible—but entertainingly so. It is the television equivalent of bad fast food. You may enjoy it, but not only it is bad for you, it also makes you feel ashamed for enjoying it, even as you’re consuming it.

And we absolutely do not need any more of it.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:24 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:
Yakima Canutt wrote:crafty Columbiana depended on her stealth, agility, and sneakiness to be a master assassin and she had guns ...

i will admit i only saw Act One, on the van ride to Chowchilla
I didn't see the whole thing either, but I seem to remember she kicked some brawny villains' rear ends.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:19 am

considering the velocity of ZS's cartwheels, and the superlative spring in her step, a well-placed roundhouse could theoretically dispense some modicum of furious justicia. As Bruce Lee said, it is all about pressure points (puntos de presion)

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:32 am

JUMBO POTENTIAL MCU SPOILAGE

YOU HAVE BEEN WANRED

A hot rumour is currently making the rounds that the Russo Brothers have filmed a total of four death scenes for their upcoming Marvel superhero movie, Captain America: Civil War.

The Hashtag Show reports that not only will Captain America die at the end of the film, but three additional death scenes were filmed in order to avoid leaks. So, who are the other Avengers on the list?

That would be James "Rhodey" Rhodes, aka War Machine, Sam Wilson, aka Falcon, and Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlet Witch.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:49 am

update: Sangeet informs me Gal Gadot has been working out and training with Mossad personnel and Gal is a good bit more imposing than as she appeared in Fast Five. will update further as details emerge ...

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Yakima Canutt wrote:

JUMBO POTENTIAL MCU SPOILAGE

YOU HAVE BEEN WANRED

A hot rumour is currently making the rounds that the Russo Brothers have filmed a total of four death scenes for their upcoming Marvel superhero movie, Captain America: Civil War.

The Hashtag Show reports that not only will Captain America die at the end of the film, but three additional death scenes were filmed in order to avoid leaks. So, who are the other Avengers on the list?

That would be James "Rhodey" Rhodes, aka War Machine, Sam Wilson, aka Falcon, and Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlet Witch.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:35 pm

Revelations from the latest batch of --Batman v Superman: DAWN O' JUSTICE-- footage

1) Batman wants to kill Superman just in case.

2) Bruce Wayne is basically Lex Luthor.

3) Darkseid is coming. But maybe not until JUSTICE LEAGUE.

4) Wonder Woman flies commercial.

sorry, i decided that since i was hyping the MCU, it was only fair that i mention this crap

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:11 pm

i was wrong 2 doubt, Gally has been taking her training very srsly

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:24 pm

Chris Pine says this is improtant stuff.  But will Disney-Marvel or Warner-DC be the first to serve up a financially disastrous goose egg bomb?  Spielberg says at the rate they're going, the spandex stuff will go the way of the Western sooner rather than later ...

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:07 pm

wha ho huh? so Batman and Captain America have gone rogue over philosophical concerns, and The Establishment has enlisted Superman and Iron-Man for an internecine rumpus what will hasten justicia's dawning, which all becomes the perfect distraction for the phantom menace that is the galactic onslaught of Darkseid and Thanos ?

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:36 am

no no no no no no, there is no evidence that Darkseid will be appearing in Batman & Captain America v Superman & Iron-Man : Civil Justicia ... all we know now is that Darkseid's dreaded Omega symbol has been glimpsed in Gothopolis ... the onslaught you might be thinking of is the onslaught of the being known as DOOMSDAY, but Spoiler, my sources are telling me that this iteration of DOOMSDAY was created from the corpse of GENERAL ZOD ... by Lex Luthberg ...

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:16 am

i dunno, DC's Darkseid seems awful similar to Marvel's Thanos ...

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:23 am

uhh yeah, Marvel has freely admitted Jim Starlin's Thanos is a rip-off of Jack Kirby's Darkseid (George Lucas might owe a lil debt here, too)

please get your facts straight, sir, Darkseid's first appearance was cameo: Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #134 (November 1970), full: Forever People #1 (February 1971).  Thanos didn't appear until 1973.

DARKSEID:

THANOS:

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:50 am

er, eso es todo muy bien, pero no es un elefante gordo en la camara. pero la advertencia estropeando, Superman is not just one of the world’s most famous superheroes, but also a beloved pop culture figure, so there’s been a lot of criticism directed towards his most recent cinematic depiction. A good portion of fans believe that Man of Steel’s Superman acted out of character with how he’s usually written, with most of the criticism directed towards him killing Zod. Trailers for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justicia haven’t eased concerns for skeptics, and many believe this Superman isn’t honoring the true spirit of the character. Well, in response to these complaints, director Zack Snyder recently said he doesn’t think that his Superman is the “wrong” version.

During Snyder’s appearance on the Hall of Justicia podcast, Snyder admitted that, while Man of Steel was meant to update Superman and while this Kal-El was different from the Christopher Reeves’ incarnation, he believes he wasn’t doing a disservice to the comic book Man of Steel. As Snyder put it:

"People are always like, ‘You changed Superman’ If you’re a comic book fan, you know that I didn’t change Superman. If you know the true canon, you know that I didn’t change Superman. If you’re a fan of the old movies, yeah I changed him a bit. That's the difference. I'm a bit of a comic book fan and I always default to the true canon. Not the cinematic canon that sort of, that in my opinion, plays fast and loose with the rules. And so, I feel like I tried to create a Superman that would set a tone for the world."

Compared to the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, Man of Steel was definitely a darker film. When Superman killed Zod or spent more time fighting the Kryptonian general than looking out for civilians (which, admittedly, is harder to do when you’re getting punched), it’s understandable that fans of the lighter entries from the ‘70s and ‘80s were disappointed.

That said, even if you ignore Golden Age stories (when these heroes’ characterizations weren’t cemented yet) and alternate universe tales, there have still been instances when Superman took a life in the comics. For instance, he executed Zod and two other Kryptonian criminals in 1988’s Superman #22, and in 2001’s Action Comics #784, he destroyed Brainiac and Imperiex when he sent them and Warworld back through a boom tube. So these moments are in the comic book canon, but whether they fall in line with the character’s core traits established over 75 years is up to individual interpretation.

In terms of Superman’s future in the DC Extended Universe, so far there’s no indication that he’ll kill again. Henry Cavill recently said that Superman has a better handle on being a superhero in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justicia. Since there haven’t been any supervillains for him to battle, he wouldn't need to kill anyone. Case in point: his battle with Batman. Those two will be engaged in an intense brawl, but as seen in one of the released clips, when he has the Caped Crusader at his mercy, he simply tells him to hang up the cape and cowl for good before flying away.

The true test will be when Superman fights Doomsday alongside Batman and Wonder Woman in the climax. Superman killed Doomsday during their big 1993 battle (“losing” his life in the process), but whether he does so in the movies is still a mystery. Perhaps they find a way to just neutralize the monster, or maybe Wonder Woman will deliver the killing blow (though if he’s like his comic book counterpart, he won’t be dead for long).

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:52 pm

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:05 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:15 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:28 am

wel well welll my sources are telling me Warner is worried about B v S : Dawn o Justicia. This movie is starting to scare them. And this movie is starting to scare them. They're showing it to people now, people are actually laying eyes on the film, and the response has not been what they wanted.

I would be surprised if Justicia League starts shooting when they say it's going to. I'd be equally surprised if Zack Snyder directed it. The two things that I keep hearing work- I hear Ben Affleck's very goodish, and I hear Jesse Eisenberg is almost great. So I would not be surprised if Batman becomes the focus from here until the movie comes out.

My guess is what's going to happen is Justicia League is going to get moved back... and they're going to throw whatever money it takes to make that Batman film happen sooner rather than later. Because they're going to need to rebuild again, they're going to need to win people back over... I don't think this is going to be the springboard into the Justicia League they wanted it to be...

I feel like, to some degree, this entire slate has been from a position of panic. And I am concerned that we're going to see some seismic shifts at Warner Bros if this thing doesn't work. It has to make a billion dollars for people to keep their jobs you know

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:05 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:49 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:33 pm

pinhedz wrote:
Yakima Canutt wrote:
Gal Gadot, The New Wonder Woman, seems like a nice Israeli lady.  But I wonder if she is too skinny to be a good crime-fighter.

Too skinny--yeah, I reckon. geek

your attempt at churlishness is misplaced, once again. No one knew who Columbiana was or gave a crap about Columbiana ... Wonder Woman is the quintessential Amazonian Woman Warrior dating back to 1941 ... and Gadot is a twiggy ectomorph ... yes, Lynda Carter of the 1970s was fairly twiggy as well, but should that representation be our guide? The iconic representations of Wonder Woman have all depicted, at the very least, powerful powerful powerful thighs

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:46 pm

So, are you saying my attempt to be churlish [whatever that means] was a failure? scratch

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:37 pm

what you should be wondering about now is whether you are joining Team Iron-Man (Tony Stark) or Team Cap (Steve Rogers)

Keep in mind, this time around, Tony is the Republican Establishment's enforcer (once a defense contractor, always a defense contractor, as Sangeet says) and Steve Rogers is spearheading (or shield-heading) a grass roots insurgency out of loyalty for his good good friend, Bucky "Bucky" Barnes

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top