The Marvel Cinematic Universe in 3 Phases or The Goons of Gotham

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe in 3 Phases or The Goons of Gotham

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:52 am

Doormammu wrote:
Nicholas P. Fury wrote:The protagonists of Justice League Dark aren’t exactly antiheroes either, as the comics lineup has included folks like John Constantine and Swamp Thing. When the film hits theaters, however, it’ll be called Dark Universe according to Variety, likely to avoid audience confusion.

wha wha wha? how can they not call the thing Dark Justice ?!1?

hrem, it seems like there should already be a TV show called Dark Justice

it seems like it should be about a team of black scientists who use dark matter to solve crim

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:50 am

Ben Affleck wasn’t just teasing: Deathstroke will, in fact, be the main antagonist of the Batman standalone movie he’s directing, Paco has exclusively learned from an individual with knowledge of the situation.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:52 am

Mr. Yakman, bring me a yak wrote:

Ben Affleck wasn’t just teasing: Deathstroke will, in fact, be the main antagonist of the Batman standalone movie he’s directing, Paco has exclusively learned from an individual with knowledge of the situation.

Deathstroke was created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez. He is a mercenary and assassassin who first appeared in “Those New Teen Titans” #2 back in 1980. Wizard magazine rated him the 24th greatest villain of all time.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Jon Favreau will be reprising his role of HAPPY HOGAN for A Spider's Homecoming

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:42 am

The Qantas Caller
Sabado

Michael Fassbender is enjoying a bit of a hyper halcyon era in his career at present. He’s been able to keep up with more low-budget, independent projects while also starring in big-studio fare like Apocalyptic X-Women, There Goes Steve Jobs, and the upcoming stupid video game adaptation Assassin’s Creed: Creed of the Assassin. He’s also proven to be quite prolific, with three or four projects coming out this year and a similar amount set to be released in 2017, including a reprisal of his role as sneaky David in The Alien's Covenant. So, it’s not surprising to hear that Fassbender was the subject of a bit of a career retrospective and long-form interview at the Toronto International Flicker Fest.

What is surprising is how candid the star got about his recent roles and his work with a variety of major directors. According to Eww, following a screening of scenes from X-Women: The Future is Now the Past, Fassbender responded with this:

“I don’t actually like that performance there, to be honest…I just think it’s me shouting. It’s just like…some dude shouting.”

Though I’m somewhat inclined to agree with his summation of his role in the recent X-Women franchise, it’s surprising to hear a performer talk so openly about his issues with his own roles. His Magneto is not exactly up to his thoughtful work in Macbeth or, better still, Steve McQueen‘s exhilarating Hunger Time, but it’s serviceable and not without nuance…and that seems to be his issue. He wants more from his work but big challenges also seemingly have given him a sick feeling in his stomach. When asked about the hardest role for him, he quickly answered with the titular character from Steve Jobs and pointed to Aaron Sorkin‘s script as formidable:

“He wrote all that stuff! It was so dense! It was such a mountain, and I’m a slow learner, so when the script arrived for me and the opportunity came to play the part, I really thought, This is not me. This should be somebody else. It’s a miscast scenario.”

“In rehearsals I was trying to find a way to get out of the job…I remember telling my driver, ‘If I put my arm in the door, you should slam it. It should cause a break and it should get me out of this gig.'”

Of course, he ended up doing a pretty impressive job as Jobs, especially in the last segment of the film, and was rewarded with plenty of award nominations. The talk also included another reference to Greg Louganis as a primer for David in Prometheus, citing the diver’s “economy of movement” as a huge influence. There was also quite a lot of talk about how he nearly wasn’t cast in his breakout role as Bobby Sands in Hunger Time due to a “defensive” audition that did not please McQueen. The director’s displeasure with Fassbender’s audition led to producers and casting people begging McQueen to give him a chance, and thank whatever that he did.

There were plenty of other tidbits at the talk – he wants to be in a comedy real real bad – and the overall feeling of his perspective makes me all the more impressed with an actor I was already bowled over by.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:29 am

Time Warner Big Cheese promises a Justice League chock-full o' titters
Lunes

Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes said box office hits “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and “Suicide Squad” hit the mark financially, but he acknowledged sympathies with many of the critics who gave those DC Comics movies mediocre scores.

At Goldman Sachs Communacopia, a three-day media conference in New York, Bewkes won some laughs from the room when he warned against listening to the critics too much, but gave credence to some of their complaints.

“We do think there’s a little room for improvement,” he said. “We can do a little bit better on the creative.”

Bewkes also seemed to agree with the common assessment that the DC movies were too dark, especially compared with Disney’s technicolor Marvel universe.

“The general heading would be that the DC comics characters and their loyal fanbase have a little more lightness in them than maybe what you’ve seen in those movies,” he said.

Bewkes gave the obligatory praise to Time Warner’s CNN for its “killer year,” giving credit to the election as well as its breaking news coverage and original series, but he spent a good part of his nearly hourlong session praising the virtues of streaming services, and the opportunities he believes they have created for Time Warner.

That includes Hulu, which Time Warner announced an investment in before its last earnings call. Bewkes said the proliferation of streaming services, with their user-friendly on-demand features and interfaces, will be a boon to those companies with premium content.

“This shift toward [video-on-demand] and multiplatform viewing that we’ve been expecting is now accelerating,” he said. “What that does is it puts our company in the position we intended it to be in. We think those shifts advantaged the companies that have the strongest brands, whether it’s CNN, whether it’s HBO, whether it’s Harry Potter.”

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt Yesterday at 9:23 am

it looks like Vision is experiencing problems

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7