ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV

Post  woo on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 am

[quote="pinhedz"]

Poor Woo; he's headed for the worst crisis of his life, and doesn't even realize it. Neutral

I wonder if it involves a woodchipper.

And as long as there is a deus ex machina polar bear on the loose, is their really any need to worry--or hope?

Yes, she convinced the Dillingers that she was as power-mad as they were--she wanted world domination, and knew they could achieve it if they all worked together. They thought they might have difficulty getting her to divulge where she had hidden the diagram of "the gadget." Imagine their surprise when she pulled it out of her shoe. Shocked

You sure it wasn't her bra? I could have swore it was her bra. She kept a razor in her shoe...

Suz R is Bobbie D's half-sister?

Last edited by Not Dead Yet on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 am; edited 2 times in total

woo

Back to top Go down

Re: ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV

Post  woo on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:52 am

pinhedz wrote:...Without a word, LaRue pulled 4 thick laboratory notebooks from her briefcase and dropped them on the table. Rasetti seized them greedily and began to pour over the contents.

My mind read "thickboy laboratory notebooks."

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:26 am

[quote="Not Dead Yet"]
pinhedz wrote:Suz R is Bobbie D's half-sister?
It put a bit of a damper on the romance.

It's like Woo's daddy told him: "You got too many women for any little boy your size."

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:30 am

Not Dead Yet wrote:I wonder if it involves a woodchipper.
Officer Marge Gunderson hasn't shown up yet--but Grand Marais is just as close to Brainard as Fargo is.

But Shakira with a woodchipper? I didn't think of that--until just now. What a Face

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:13 am

The pinhed and Felix came in first, hoping the bar was open. But the pinhed was a bit bummed to see it was wine-tasting day (with no internet, he wasn't able to check the calendar of events). He knew that Franco's product line would not go over well with some of the ATU drinkers, and that there might be a scene. Neutral

Tigerlily and Blue Moon insisted that everyone should be adventurous and at least give it a taste. The pinhed cautioned:

"Then try to just think of it as an interesting cultural excursion. I think you'll find that these are not top shelf wines, but perhaps you'll be amused by their pretensions."

Rasetti had just stopped talking and walked over to the Dillingers' corner table, when our adventurers went up to the tasting counter. The worst reactions were from Andy, who made a disgusted face and uttered what were probably bad words in what sounded like Grand Maraisienne, and from ISN who looked around for Rasetti saying "Where's that vintner? Don't let him get away!"

She spotted Rasetti and headed to his table to give him a piece of her mind.

LaRue hadn't seen them come in, but she immediately recognized the bunch as they headed toward her. She turned away from the table and ducked her head down as if she was rummaging her purse. They were all looking at Rasetti anyway, except for Tatiana, who was gaping at Woo:

"Nice to see you again hot stuff, what time are you off work?"

Woo looked up at Tatiana, pleased that she remembered him from that time back in Hibbing.

At the same time, ISN was saying "I have a complaint! You need a warning on your labels advising people that the contents are not to be taken internally!"

Rasetti was startled to see that suddenly there was a crowd looking over his shoulder, and slammed the notebook shut.

Rasetti then leapt to his feet and started herding the group back toward the tasting counter, but the pinhed had already had a good look at the notebook. As they were being lead away, the pinhed took one more look back at the table just as LaRue's head popped back up, and they recognized each other. Shocked

The pinhed was shaken: gangsters + nukes + LaRue =

He went up to the counter and asked Rasetti's assistant for a sample. The young man pouring the wine had on a spotless white jacket and bow tie and his hair in a tidy pony tail.

Felix asked him "Likin' the new job, lad?"

Paladin nodded, and poured the sample without spilling.

"Please fill it up," said the pinhed, his hand still a bit shaky. Paladin rolled his eyes, but complied with the request.

Then a person on pinhedz left held out her glass. The pinhed didn't have to look, he knew it was LaRue.

Under her breath, and out of the side of her mouth (like she'd seen in the movies) LaRue said: "You did not see me here."

The pinhed answered "Lucky for me I didn't. If the mob didn't kill me, the Atomic Energy Commission would."

LaRue quickly put down her glass, returned to the table, gathered up the notebooks, said a few words to the brothers, and the three of them left together.

Last edited by pinhedz on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:30 am

pinhedz wrote:They were all looking at Rasetti anyway, except for Tatiana, who was gaping at Woo:

"Nice to see you again hot stuff, what time are you off work?"

Woo looked up at Tatiana, pleased that she remembered him from that time back in Hibbing.

Oh My!!!!

and so..... there was a collective sigh of relief that woo didn't die on that mountain........

Smile

Last edited by tatiana on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  tatiana on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:40 am

Not Dead Yet wrote:
pinhedz wrote:...Without a word, LaRue pulled 4 thick laboratory notebooks from her briefcase and dropped them on the table. Rasetti seized them greedily and began to pour over the contents.

so did I. Shocked

tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:02 am

Edit: Because I felt like it.

Paladin is gonna get in a fight with Snaggletooth, I just know it.

Last edited by Not Dead Yet on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:05 am

Not Dead Yet wrote:Paladin is gonna get in a fight with Snaggletooth, I just know it.
It would be the fight of the century, for shure (nice teeth, wouldn't it be a shame...):

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:44 am

tatiana wrote:
Not Dead Yet wrote:

so did I. Shocked

Those would be great notebooks to read...

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:28 am

Why has Woo been so quiet? This is a good question you are asking. Precinct is in high spirits over the windfall of the 4 notebooks (which we will call "The Thickboy Notebooks," for reasons I haven't figured out yet).

But Woo just sat there looking glum.

Maybe it was the war, or maybe it was Woo's total immersion in American indian history and lore, but he felt spiritually bereft. It seemed that nothing (other than certain women) could rouse him from his state of enervation and malaise.

That day he took a longer walk in the wilderness than usual. From time to time he would see people of the First Nations during these walks, and wanted to talk to them, but they would dart into the woods as soon as they saw him. He even tried going native, hoping they would accept him:

On this day he saw one again, and expected the native American would disappear like the rest of them. But this one was different.

As Woo approached, the old man continued to stand in the middle of the path, watching Woo with a fixed stare. He appeared to be very old, with completely white hair. He was a red man--literally--because all of his exposed skin was covered with red ochre (Woo knew that red ochre gave certain tribes a connection to the spirit world). He was dressed in caribou skins, also colored with red ochre. Even his eagle feathers were colored with red ochre.

Woo addressed him using indian-talk:

-- Greetings, friend. I come in peace.

When there was no immediate response, Woo said:

-- I see by your clothing that you are not from here, but are from across the foreign border.

The old man answered:

-- My people do not know these borders.

Woo said:

-- I think you know what I mean--you're Canadian, not American.

The old man was not impressed:

-- "My people did not make these names. Before the borders we saw many come from foreign lands. The foreigners are not like the human beings. The foreigner does not respect the creatures that give us the warm fur to protect us, or the food for our bellies. The foreigners do not respect anything--not even each other."

"First came the Varangians with their square sails and their red ribbons. We tired quickly of the red ribbons, but they would not leave. They fought bravely--the last of their commanders was a fierce warrior queen--but they were too few, and we drove them back onto the sea."

"Only after 500 years did we see more. The Anglicans came with their salt pork and their whiskey, and soon after the parlay-voo talkers with their cream sauces, and they fought with one another, and we hoped they would all kill one another."

"But at last the Anglicans became as numerous as the grains of sand, and we could no longer fight them. We were driven away from the shores. No more could we catch the seals for their meat and fur. No more could we live by the brooks of sweet water with plentiful fish."

"And they hunted us like as they hunted the wolves. And so my people died, and only I am left alive."

Woo was intrigued enough to ask:

-- Who are you?

-- I am Nonosabasut, the last of the Beothuk human beings.

-- Forgive me, friend, but I know that the last of the Beothuks was Nancy April Shanawdithit, who died in 1829.

The old man did not change his expression, but simply said:

-- The one who would judge who is the last must be very wise.

They say that it is difficult to know when an indian is making a social statement. I would add that it is also difficult to know when an indian is being sarcastic.

Nonosabasut went on:

-- How many, in days long past, have said that they were the last, so that they would not be put to death?

That, just possibly, was a social statement.

He went on:

-- There was a time when human beings also lived on this land where we now stand.

Woo knew that, but answered:

-- This land is now owned by me.

Nonosabasut's expression did not change:

"You have the deets." he said.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 am

pinhedz wrote: (which we will call "The Thickboy Notebooks," for reasons I haven't figured out yet).

I don't remember for sure, but I know the name well enough, Thickboy is a poster at ER who writes some very funny and clever musings.

Hmmm. Should have seen Blake comin' five steps back. That's a good one...

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:37 am

Frank’s encounter with the ancient Beothuk had not brought him any comfort.

When he returned to the lodge, he went straight to the dining hall, knowing that the wine tasters would have cleared out and it would be hours before the late-night revelers would start showing up. So the hall was empty, except for the ATU visitors clustered around the bar.

Frank sat down wearily, and knew exactly what he wanted first. A cocktail waitress stepped up from behind him and placed two Martinis in front of him.

-- You always know what I want, don’t you, Shakira?

-- Yes, Shakira knows.

Frank had enormous confidence where women were concerned, but this one was different—this one made him nervous.

-- What else do you know about me, Shakira.

-- Shakira knows that Woo is very sat.

-- How did you know that they used to call me that?

-- Any woman that wout see you wout always say “woo.”

Woo could see she was holding her cards close to her vest [Be afraid, Woo, be very afraid].

-- What’s your story Shakira? Sit down for a bit and talk to me.

-- Shakira must take care of customers.

-- Never mind that ATU group—they know how to get their own drinks if anybody does.

So Shakira sat down.

-- Tell me about yourself—Where did you come from? Who are your family?

-- Shakira’s mother is det. I was raised by my grantfather—Nonosabasut, the last of the Beothuks.

-- Is he a descendant of the original Nonosabasut?

-- He is original Nonsabasut.

-- So tell me, how he can be “the last,” if you are his granddaughter?

-- If he lifes after Shakira is gone, that will mean he is last.

-- Is it normal for Beothuks to be immortal?

-- Most were not.

[That, possibly, was a social statement]

Woo could not see that he was making much progress.

-- What about your father?

-- My mother sait he was a white man. He was a young lawyer. But my mother sait he was very ambitious, and he wout be impordant some day.

-- Then I want to know him—do you know his name?

-- Toussaint Charbonneau.

-- He takes bribes. And he’s not as white as he looks. He’s descended from Lewis’ and Clark’s cook.

Still not getting anywhere. Woo decided he might as well go for broke:

-- So what makes you think that Woo is sad?

-- Shakira can see.

-- Will Shakira make Woo happy?

-- Shakira cannot. It is Woo that makes himself sat, so only Woo can make himself happy.

-- Why do you think I make myself sad?

-- You are sat because of your bat deets.

[… pause …]

-- There are two ways I could take that.

-- You haf the deets.

And in that very moment, she meant to do him harm. affraid

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:26 am

It's not dark yet, but it's getting there....

-- Any woman that wout see you wout always say “woo.”

Ha!

Good stuff, pinz.

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:42 am

...my hearing aid doesn't work... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:03 am

pinhedz wrote:
Not Dead Yet wrote:Paladin is gonna get in a fight with Snaggletooth, I just know it.
It would be the fight of the century, for shure (nice teeth, wouldn't it be a shame...):

He kinda looks like Adam Sandler.

There are several things about this tale I'm not following. I'm figuring the answers will come. One of the things I don't understand is how Pinz and crew are able to be in the time of Roosevelt and then drive up to the bar in present day? Is it the worm hole?

And what does Blue posts mean?

It's almost time to say good bye...M O U S E.

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:15 am

Blame Andy for the time travel--he's the one who suggested that The Key is Frank Dillinger instead of The Key is Frank Hibbing.

So I had to go back in time to follow up on this:

Pinhed – “And from Bob’s own words we know that Frank Hibbing is the key to decoding his obscure lyrics. You can read the album notes to John Wesley Harding, and it plainly says “The Key Is Frank.”

Andy – “I believe that to be nearly perfect nonsense pinhed, and I totally disagree, but I will disagree respectfully.”

Pinhed – “Be that as it may, Frank was a very interesting character. Did you know that he also owned the two Naniboujou properties—the beach area including the resort here, and the larger property, including Mount Naniboujou?”

Andy – “But surely this place was not built by a country bumpkin like Frank Hibbing! Where would he have got the money for anything so lavish? And what’s the story with this place, anyway? Here we sit in the middle of the wilderness, right next to the Canadian border, and we find ourselves in a lodge and banquet hall fit for the richest of the rich.”

Pinhed – “It’s no mystery, really. This place was built by and for wealthy gangsters—including Frank Dillinger—during the prohibition era.”

Andy – “Ahah-gotcha! That means the key is Frank Dillinger!”

And as for the ATU bunch being there--how could they not be there? This is "ATU: The Movie"

As Nikolai Gogol' once said: "Things like this do happen, you know. Not frequently, but they do happen."

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:25 am

I like the time-travel aspect of this tale. I Just want to know how you're able to access the worm hole and why you don't run into yourselves in the present. Over thinking this tale, eh?

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:26 am

pinhedz wrote: As Nikolai Gogol' once said: "Things like this do happen, you know. Not frequently, but they do happen."

Reminds me of this:

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:36 am

Woo wrote:I like the time-travel aspect of this tale. I Just want to know how you're able to access the worm hole and why you don't run into yourselves in the present. Over thinking this tale, eh?
Wasn't there a point in the original "Back to the Future" movie when our hero actually does observe himself from afar, when the professor is killed--and then not killed--over the stolen plutonium?

"... red'ko byvayut ... no byvayut"
-- Gogol'

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:08 am

Woo wrote:And what does Blue posts mean?
You mean the babelfish?

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:22 am

Yes and Yes...

Ooooh, Blue is having problems with the translation of the tale so she can understand it. Or am I way off?

Last edited by Woo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:25 am

User reminds me of Doc from BTTF. Also reminds me of Faraday from 'Lost.' I don't think he has made an appearance in the ATU tale.

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:37 am

Woo wrote:Yes and Yes...

Ooooh, Blue is having problems with the translation of the tale so she can understand it. Or am I way off?
I believe that probably Blue Moon intended to post the babelfish on the science vs religion thread. You see, as explained by Oolon Colluphid, the babelfish could not have evolved without "intelligent design," therefore it proves that there is a God. And once the existence of God is established by logical proof (as opposed to faith), God ceases to exist, because without faith there is no God.

Does that help?

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:14 am

Okie dokie...

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:51 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top