ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV

Post  Doc Watson on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:13 am

[quote="pinhedz"]Pot heads score higher on simulated driving tests than straights (not making this up). bounce

[Reaction time isn't really 30% slower ... it just seems slower ][/quote
Source ?
Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: ATU--The Movie, EPISODE I (with epilogue part 1 and 2) -- and EPISODE II -- and EPISODE III -- and EPISODE IV

Post  tatiana on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:54 pm

you can't drive around here stoned, the cops will bust you, and then they take all of your weed and put it in a big field and burn it.

but

they won't tell you when they are going to burn it, so you can't be there to get stoned .....

again.

Sad

sunny
tatiana
Tigre-de-Music

https://www.soundawesome.com/listeners/isis7475

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:29 pm

tatiana wrote:you can't drive around here stoned, the cops will bust you, and then they take all of your weed and put it in a big field and burn it.

but

they won't tell you when they are going to burn it, so you can't be there to get stoned .....

again.

Sad

sunny
And so they should !!!
Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on Tue May 01, 2012 4:00 pm

however an enexpected announcement made everyone re think the meaning of all that had occurred to this moment.
Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 01, 2012 8:54 pm

Doc Watson wrote:however an enexpected announcement made everyone re think the meaning of all that had occurred to this moment.
...ah doc. Was it this sad announcement from your last incarnation?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Doc Watson wrote:
pinhedz wrote:There have always been big arguments over where to have the ATU reunions, which explain why--after the first one in 1934--it took until 1955 to arrange the 2nd one and until 1994 to arrange the 3rd one.

The pinhed didn't even want to go to Vegas, he wanted to just go to the Nevada Test Site and then head straight up to the balalaika convention in Sitka, Alaska.

But some of the other ATU members insisted to going to Vegas, since it was so close to the test site. Rolling Eyes

What can you do in Vegas anyway? The room rates and meals were relatively cheap (in 1994 you could get a room for $18.00 and an all-you-can-eat prime rib dinner for $3.99), because the hotels expected you to throw all your money into the slot machines. Rolling Eyes

But after that close brush with Tiffany, the pinhed just wanted to get the ATU women out of Bob's room first thing in the morning, so they could get an early start--it's a long drive to Sitka. bounce
What aboout the one in Australia in 1997 , only three people turned up and two were drunk the whole time so I suppose it was never recorded.

...oh dear...tigerlily...she must have seen the picture on page 3. Woo can no longer deny he was one of the three that included the doc...tsk tsk tsk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 01, 2012 11:40 pm

...alas poor woo. Such a picture of innocent delight.
He'd obviously never been told about drop bears affraid

It is often suggested that doing ridiculous things like having forks in the hair or Vegemite or toothpaste spread behind the ears will deter the creatures

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 01, 2012 11:46 pm

...poor emu. That sight of woo in his precautionary outfit almost did him in.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 01, 2012 11:52 pm

...in light of poor emu's "enexpected announcement" re cutting himself.... affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 02, 2012 12:08 am

...well I'm not divulging the location of the failed ATU reunion of 1997. (Anthony can do that.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on Wed May 02, 2012 12:21 am

All must be revealed
Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 02, 2012 12:24 am

...oh. Please. Do tell...

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on Wed May 02, 2012 12:27 am

Ask no questions , hear no lies
shut your trap and catch no flies
Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 02, 2012 12:32 am

...ah but my dear doctor...it's well known that one catches more flies with honey than with vinegar...

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on Wed May 02, 2012 12:34 am

blue moon wrote:...ah but my dear doctor...it's well known that one catches more flies with honey than with vinegar...
well what do you offer me as a honey sweetener ?
Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 02, 2012 12:37 am

...well, I might give you the chance to explain this amazing feat you undertook in the animal bar:

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on Wed May 02, 2012 12:40 am

[quote="blue moon"]...well, I might give you the chance to explain this amazing feat you undertook in the animal bar:

[/quote
I know nothing about that !]
Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 02, 2012 12:43 am

Doc Watson wrote:
pinhedz wrote:Yes, I have a hazy memory of that one (if anyone can remember the details, tell them by all means).
I took away a valuable lesson from that debacle: always work out the details, don't rush for no good reason. geek
Sorry I had too much to drink and recall very little

...yes, my poor friend. You've already made that...er...clear.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 02, 2012 12:46 am

and back there a few pages you noted the events of the meeting weren't recorded. Um...I beg to differ. They still talk about the revengr of the rabbits, in the animal bar. After the (better if you've forgotten the details) fiasco with the unicycle and flute Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on Wed May 02, 2012 12:48 am

blue moon wrote:and back there a few pages you noted the events of the meeting weren't recorded. Um...I beg to differ. They still talk about the revengr of the rabbits, in the animal bar. After the (better if you've forgotten the details) fiasco with the unicycle and flute Rolling Eyes

It was a tramatic time my football team had lost and my glasses were missing and a lot of wine had been drunk.
Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 02, 2012 1:00 am

...well, I don't like to sound prudish...but what can you expect, with the company you were keeping?

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on Wed May 02, 2012 1:01 am

blue moon wrote:...well, I don't like to sound prudish...but what can you expect, with the company you were keeping?

True
Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 02, 2012 1:08 am

ah doc emu.
International man of mystery and of few words.

...but it wasn't always thus, no?

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Wed May 02, 2012 3:53 am

pinhedz wrote:Just then they saw Tigerlily running toward their table, looking panicked and waving her newspaper. Shocked

It was Rupert Murdoch who introduced "Page 3" girls to the UK tabloid press:

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Watson on Mon May 07, 2012 3:51 pm

pinhedz wrote:Tigerlily threw the newspaper on the table. The entire front page was dominated by the earth-shattering news:

NET Tour Comes to an End!!!

Bob Dylan reportedly has made the decision to retire from performing for good. He recently informed our correspondents that he has chosen to live in seclusion at an undisclosed location, "I love the herbs there -- that is to say, the coffee," said the veteran entertainer, "and I'll have my little lady by my side--no more careless love for me. I'll have a bunch of kids that call me 'Pa,' cuz that's what it's all about. "
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

And only on the last page was there a short paragraph about a similar (coincidental?) decision by a lesser known entertainer:

Ginger Johnson retires. The vocalist and multi-instrumentalist best known for her work in the Hawaiian-swing duo "The Hula Honeys" announced that changes in her personal life prompted the decision. Her current hereabouts are unknown. Suspect
Was this the unexpected announcement mentioned last week ?
Doc Watson
Titanium Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top