"Never Say Goodbye"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Never Say Goodbye"

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:33 pm

Phil is an illustrator who is always surrounded by sexy models and that circumstance ruins his marriage.  Can Darling Little Flip bring the couple back together before the union is permanently sabotaged by the twisted erotic healer and art therapist Faridi McFree?

A swift change of pace has been afforded for stalwart Errol Flynn in "Never Say Goodbye," which the Warners delivered to the Strand and elsewhere. For, in this playful excursion, the line-plunging hero of the past is doing some broken-field running through a decidedly permeable farce. And considering the interference provided him by the script, he is handling the novel assignment in a moderately entertaining style. Mr. Flynn's unaccustomed performance is not likely to win him a palm as Hollywood's most accomplished farceur, but it does have amusing points, I guess.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: "Never Say Goodbye"

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Flip confronts Phil

"I used to put them in my mouth. But I, but I got bad teeth, you know, and some kind of thing back there you know. Maybe there's ... I don't know what it was, a filling or something. I don't know what it was in there but it used to magnify. Not magnified but magnet, you know."

"Yeah, it's like, sometimes you get a piece of tin foil in your mouth and it goes wow. It's terrible. But let's not talk about that."

"No, I don't want to talk about that either"

"It's like this one lady in really bad shape. Like her skin had been all burned when she was a little baby, you know, and it didn't grow right, and so she was like a freak. And all these people would pay money, you know, to come and see and ... that really sort of got to me, you know. They'd come and see, and I mean, she was very, she didn't really look like normal, she had this funny kind of skin and they passed her of as the elephant lady. And like she was just burned completely since she was a little baby."

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top