The Invention of Lying

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Invention of Lying

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:26 pm

IS JEAN QUAN OUT OF CONTROL?

QuanWatch
Monday

Oakland Mayor Jean Quan was convicted in traffic court four months ago of running a red light and on Monday said she was unsure whether she ran a red light this week when her city-issued Lexus SUV collided with another car in West Oakland.

Quan, who is running for re-election, called a news conference the day after her Lexus was struck by a Nissan driven by Lakisha Renee Lovely, a 36-year-old who told police the mayor ran a red light while on a cell phone. The mayor insisted she was not using her phone at 5:39 p.m. Sunday when the accident occurred and said she has permitted police to scrutinize her phone records.

The question of whether the mayor was using her cell phone is significant because in the days prior to the accident, TV station KRON released two photographs that showed QUAN using her phone while driving and the mayor told the TV station that she was committed to safe driving and had learned a hard lesson.

On Monday, she reiterated that point.

"I have learned my lesson," Quan told reporters. "I was not on my phone."

She was unable to say, however, whether she had run a red light.

"We will let the police investigation confirm or not confirm that," Quan said.

She also did not comment on why she was driving a car with expired plates. DMV records show that the SUV used by the mayor had a registration that expired in March. It's illegal to drive a car in California with expired tags.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: The Invention of Lying

Post  pinhedz on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 pm

If she was on the phone, there are records that would show that. bounce

But, proof or no proof, she has paid the price (another case of guilty in the court of public opinion? Suspect ):

"Quan ran an unsuccessful campaign for reelection in 2014, losing the mayoral race to Libby Schaaf, a member of the Oakland City Council." -- WIKI

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:20 pm

yup, ol' Quantanamera got Schaafted

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:41 am

Sponsored content