all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sitting is the new smoking

2 posters

Go down

Sitting is the new smoking Empty Re: Sitting is the new smoking

Post  blue moon Thu May 29, 2014 1:00 am

Oh goody. If I don't sit down for 6 hours I can smoke a whole pack  I love you 

Sitting is the new smoking Coasters_vintage_advertising_crusader_tobacco_ads-r0515e1a272144816858003222c315cde_ambkq_8byvr_324Sitting is the new smoking 6a00e554e81be38834013488e05ab5970c-320wi
blue moon
blue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  yoder Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:31 pm

yoder

Back to top Go down

Post  yoder Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:42 pm

I read that thread, and saw a documentary about fischer in which they talked about his father
When he was young he looked like someone who had to make the most out of his ego to get through and once he wasn't in that good shape of being really had it difficult

I also read a quote of him that said something like It is when you stop trusting your own mind you're taking the step to insanity (think he said this refering to his religious sect phase)

yoder

Back to top Go down

Post  yoder Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Here it is

... I think once you start distrusting your own mind you're finished. From there you just get more and more confused. Once you think that your own mind is not your friend any more-your own conscience and your own mind is not your friend-then I think you are on your way to insanity. You have been stripped bare. All your defenses are gone.

yoder

Back to top Go down

Post  yoder Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:56 pm

it's really a problem; trying your own is troubling, following others is troubling.

he also said something about school, don't know when; that school is a waste, that the kids are silly and the teachers are sillier

yoder

Back to top Go down

Post  blue moon Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:04 pm

Bobby Fischer quotes.

"You don't learn anything in school. It's just a waste of time. You lug around books and all and do homework. They give too much homework. You shouldn't be doing homework. Nobody's interested in it. The teachers are stupid. They shouldn't have any women in there. They don't know how to teach. And they shouldn't make anyone go to school. You don't want to go, you don't go, that's all. It's ridiculous. I don't remember one thing I learned in school. I don't listen to weakies. My two and a half years in Erasmus High I wasted. I didn't like the whole thing. You have to mix with all those stupid kids. The teachers are even stupider than the kids. They talk down to the kids. Half of them are crazy. If they'd have let me, I would have quit before I was sixteen."

"They're all weak, all women. They're stupid compared to men. They shouldn't play chess, you know. They're like beginners. They lose every single game against a man. There isn't a woman player in the world I can't give knight-odds to and still beat."

Shocked 
blue moon
blue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  yoder Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Not surprising after having read a bit about him. I mean radical statements

yoder

Back to top Go down

Post  yoder Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:48 am

yoder