Oscar gives an All-Starr salute to Riz Ortolani

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oscar gives an All-Starr salute to Riz Ortolani

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:29 am

the only good part of that gawdoffal kluusterfukken broad-cast is when they show all the dead people, cuz some of them Juan wouldn't have heard about much in the MSM. Like I didn't know or had forgotten Les Blank was dead, or that Jim Kelly was dead ( he was the negro kung/fu master in The Dragon Enters).  Although one goof temporarily shut down Twitters - when Oscar decided to mention people like the sound editor for Back to Our Future BEFORE they mentioned the likes of Deanna Durbin.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: Oscar gives an All-Starr salute to Riz Ortolani

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:22 am

I believe the Chroncle headline about the Oscar show was "Long, but dull ... a big, bloated selfie"

Still, there were small moments, like Barkhad Abdi dancing with Squibb and Lupita Nyong’o, or Cumberbatch photo-bombing Chiwetel Ejiofor.

and there is always the glamour:

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:41 am

Previously: According to a new report from The New York Post's Page Six, English Jew Andrew Garfield was supposed to present at the Oscars with Miles Scott -- a.k.a. Batkid, the 5-year-old boy with cancer who played superhero in San Francisco -- but backed out of the segment when he didn't like his lines.

PHOTOS: Stars as superheroes

"The Academy was going to make [Miles] an official superhero during the Oscar ceremony," a source told Page Six, noting that it had been coordinated with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which also helped facilitate the little boy's dreams of being Batman. "Andrew Garfield was going to appoint him 'Batkid,'" the insider continued. "But, in the middle of the dress rehearsal, Garfield decided he didn't like his lines."

PHOTOS: Best-dressed Oscars

The source went on to say that the Spider-Man star "refused to go by the script" and instead came up with his own lines, which producers didn't go for. "Garfield...stormed off," the source told Page Six, adding that Miles and his family "were devastated."

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri May 16, 2014 2:29 pm

at the 2013 Oscars, they say Seth "bombed" even though the show got increased ratings and viewers didn't change the channel, in record numbers ... so when the media say Seth bombed ... they are lackeys of the Hollywood Sociopaths sitting in audience that night who gave Seth the chilly reception ... the media think H-wood Sociopahts more improtant than the billion watching ... shame on you entretainment jornalists ... shamiong

Cap'n Krik appear at 5:35

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed May 21, 2014 7:47 am

^I didn't get the first joke there about Affleck, so I researched ... and it is because Affleck didn't get nominated for Best Director, even though ARGO went on to win Best Picture. I've always thought separating these two categories is dumb, but it works that way because Best Picture goes to the producers ( who many times don't have much to do with making of picture ) and so it is a way to coddle the Fat Wigs and Big Catsteins of H-wood.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top