And Then There Were One : Final Liftoff of Mercury Seven Carpenter - 4th in space but 2nd in our hearts (sorry, Gus)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

And Then There Were One : Final Liftoff of Mercury Seven Carpenter - 4th in space but 2nd in our hearts (sorry, Gus)

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:24 pm

Like a Star @ heaven 

and also
SEALAB II 1965: He spent 28 days living on the ocean floor off the coast of California. During the SEALAB II mission, Carpenter's right index finger was wounded by the toxic spines of a SCORPION FISH.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: And Then There Were One : Final Liftoff of Mercury Seven Carpenter - 4th in space but 2nd in our hearts (sorry, Gus)

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:10 pm

Dear Dad,

Thank you for the camera, the books, and skis you sent me, which are all right in front of me. I am reading Mysterious Island first. I hope you read it, for it is very interesting. And all the books I am sure will be interesting. …

The S’s on my report card stand for superb, superior, superhuman, and splendid—at least that’s what I think. But the teacher meant them for satisfactory, the highest grade you can get.

—Scott Carpenter, January 1, 1937

"For years after, Deke Slayton’s partisans at NASA, flight director Chris Kraft in particular, used Carpenter’s overshot, in vicious rounds of infighting, to bring this consummate astronaut down and others into line. My dad would retire from the astronaut corps in 1967 with a medically grounding injury of his own, sustained in a 1964 motorbike accident.

He never flew much after that.

Scott Carpenter was an international hero and a warm, attentive father. He wasn’t perfect."

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: And Then There Were One : Final Liftoff of Mercury Seven Carpenter - 4th in space but 2nd in our hearts (sorry, Gus)

Post  pinhedz on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:00 pm

Close-up:

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:11 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Yakima Canutt wrote:

OK here is Stew's full version of Rockit Man, audio only.  There is a clip on the website w/ video & audio, but I will not post because it has a mandatory advertisement at the beginning.   Look peoples, if you don't own the material you're posting to tube.com, don't put a mandatory advert on it - that is wacky, slacky, and strate-up ticky-tacky.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:50 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top