View previous topic View next topic Go down

Miley Cyrus responds to Sinead O’Connor’s letter

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Shocked 

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus responds to Sinead O’Connor’s letter

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:43 am

One of the little dwarves Miley Cyrus hired for her provocative MTV Video Music Awards performance in August has blasted the singer for turning her into a figure of fun.

Hollis Jane was among the tiny dancers who dressed up in toy bear costumes for the pop star’s “We Can’t Stop” set, and she has now taken to her blog to lash out at her one-time boss.

She writes, “I will be the first one to tell you that standing on that stage, in that costume was one of the most degrading things I felt like I could ever do.

“I realize not everyone shares my opinion and I might just be young and naive, but I feel like the acceptance of this kind of treatment has got to stop… I had never been in a performance where I was purely meant to be gawked or laughed at. I will never forget that performance because it is what forced me to draw my personal line in the sand.

“After our first dress rehearsal in the costumes with the crew, publicists, performers etc. watching us, I walked out of the Barclay Center shaking and crying. I was being stared and laughed at for all of the wrong reasons. I was being looked at as a prop… as something less than human.”

Cyrus faced a barrage of criticism after her VMAs performance what featured stripping to flesh-colored latex underwear for a suggestive performance of “Blurred Lines” with Robin Thicke.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:05 am

well not surprisingly, Canadian Robin Thick has thrown Miley under the buses, he said to Oprah that he was the twerkee and not the twerker, jeez wot a creep. Only a few rap moguls have come to Miley's d-fence, and also Sri Paul Macadoodles came to her d-fence, Sri Paul was all "Really, what's the big deal, it's just a spot of twerking" - he really didnt see what all the fuss was about

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:16 am

user wrote:Sri Paul was all "Really, what's the big deal, it's just a spot of twerking" - he really didnt see what all the fuss was about
That's because Sri Paul has never been 3 hours from getting axed by his editor if he can't come up with 500 words.

[Wot a life that must be Neutral ]

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:19 am

Cher made the fair point that Miley doesn't dance very good, but I don't know that that really needed to be said.  

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:27 am

Miley is from Nashville where gringos dont quiver and dance in the manner of negroes, and so she has developed her own folksy style, with a little influence from the Disney Kidz Patrol school of performance. i cant remember the last time a dance move was discussed so much, so she must be doing something right with her modren movement art. Cher is an old cow and someone shud take her behind the barn and you know

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:31 am

user wrote: ... influence from the Disney Kidz Patrol school of performance.
Yes, I see that now that you mention it.
Without the mouse ears and bobby sox, it doesn't work for the pinhed.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:37 pm

she has been the corporate puppet for so long and now she is birthing bold bold folk art

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  glue moon on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:05 am

edit: I tire myself when I talk about stuff like this

"dance reggaeton" they said

"you'll be fine" they said

Last edited by blue mοοn on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

glue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  retrato hablado on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:22 am

I know you've said about the record that it came out of the joy of creation and that you're not necessarily sure about what some of these things mean

Well in a way I know what they mean, it's the same as cinema. You have to know some amount of what it means but the thing about music is very abstract and so because it's abstract the meaning is different for different people and it doesn't help to say what it is for you, it's up for everybody to, you know, to figure things

... the clown of crazy clown time is related to the rubber suit of fear and anxiety?

the suffocating rubber clown suit of negativity

of negativity

yeah it's strange because clowns were meant to really make kids happy and there's, you know, a feeling to a lot of clowns, circus clowns, that actually produces fear in the kids or some kind of anxiety ... A clown suit of negativity, this is the stress, anxiety and worries, depression, fear, hate, this kinda stuff and this is a heavy heavy frame, it's like being in a suffocating rubber clown suit. You can see how in a way partying has some little thing to do with release some stress

a lot of times parties in your world tend to go overboard, there's a point when maybe they're about relieving stress but then they become really destructive

they're not about relieving stress. Nobody says "let's have a party so we can relieve some stress". Let's have a party so we can have some fun. And fun is like everything, a relative thing: what's fun for one may not be fun for another. But in the crazy clown time, for this bunch is what they call fun

the video depicts fun like a little obsessive because everyone is doing their one thing

yes, it's activity, intense activity, driven by the music and driven by the beer(?)

... look at humans just kind of silly for inventing these little activities to entertain themselves or is it cool, is it part of?

everything is okay (continues: you know if you think the human being... people say how come I'm here, some people think that, ask that question ... how come, how come I'm in a fifth grade, it's a kind of another question so you can one day graduate and get out of school. And another word for graduate is gain enlightment)

retrato hablado

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:10 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top