DeForestation & Urban Renewal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DeForestation & Urban Renewal

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:42 pm

DeForest Kelley was born in Toccoa, Georgia.  His father was a Baptist minister.  His first signif leading flim role was in Variety Girl.  He specialized in Westrens shows & flims (often playing villains!!) _ His coworkers thru-out the years considered him a gentleman thru and thru.

Karl-Heinz Urban was born in Wellington, New Zeal. His German father owned a leather goods store and his ma once worked for Film Facilities in Wellington and she explosed young Urban to classic New Zeal cinemar.  An early role found Urban playing a dope junkie in Auckland-TV's SHARK IN THE PARK.

Last edited by user on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: DeForestation & Urban Renewal

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:33 pm

If you're hankering for Urban adventure and on the prowl for DREDD, be sure not to accidentally download the SYLVESTER STALLONE version of the flicker, cuz that one has ROB SCHNEIDER in it ( ......... ............ ..................... not that's there's anything wrong with that)

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:40 pm

exclusive zuckerwunderbarzeit

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:51 pm

STID director J.J. Abrams was none too pleased with Digital Extremes' Star Trek: A Video Game, calling the game a "big disappointment" and one that hurt him emotionally.

"The last game, which was obviously a big disappointment to me, was something that we were actually involved in at the very beginning of it and then we sort of realized that it was not going in a place that we were going to get what we wanted, so we dropped out and they continued to do it despite… y'know," Abrams told Gammerhube Prince Nelson 2 at a recent STID media release occurrence.

Abrams said the game could have been a product that "really benefitted the series ... instead it was not and was something that I think, for me emotionally it hurt, because we were working our asses off making the movie and then this game came out and it got, it's not even my opinion, it got universally panned and I think that it was something without question that didn't help the movie and arguably hurt it," J.J. Abrams said.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:37 am

Stardate 1986

DEFOREST KELLEY: Good morning. Good morning, America. Can everybody hear me? I’ll try to speak up. Are you recording this? I’d better be careful, then, and watch my Southern language.

Dr. McCoy is irritable, but he’s not a heavy. You spent a long time playing heavies on TV and in movies…

DEFOREST KELLEY: Villains, heavies played a great part of my life. I spent perhaps 10 years doing heavies and they paid my rent for many years. I always enjoyed doing them. I felt that they were more interesting, in the long run, than the leading character. However, there were times when I would pick up a script and wonder when my character was going to get killed. I was always a pretty rotten guy, but hated to get knocked off too soon because it cut my paycheck a bit short.

I was not in either pilot that was made for the series. I had, in 1960, done a pilot (333 Montgomery Street) for Gene Roddenberry, in which I portrayed a criminal lawyer from San Francisco, who was a master lawyer. It was a marvelous series, but like a lot of things that Gene does, it was a bit far out and the network did not accept it. So that was my first experience with Roddenberry. I did another pilot for him called Police Story. For the benefit of those of you who don’t know, Gene was a cop for about eight years. He wrote a wonderful pilot that we made. Again, it didn’t sell. So when Star Trek came along he wanted me for the series, but I had been doing these very nasty guys and the network could not picture me in that role. He ran up against a stone wall. Now, I was shooting Police Story while they were doing the William Shatner (version of the Star Trek) pilot. So, Police Story went out for reactions, and as a result of the reaction process I got a high rating. And, oddly enough, I was not portraying a heavy. I was playing a police criminologist. And the network informed Gene that they had changed their mind. So I entered Star Trek on the first episode.

You were typecast as a heavy for that period before Star Trek, and then ended up being so associated with Star Trek that you really weren’t offered other roles once the show ended. How surprised were you by that turn of events?

DEFOREST KELLEY: I went from the frying pan into the fire, so to speak. I don’t know… it seems like Hollywood has an unhappy faculty for putting someone in a slot. They figure, “He’s there. That’s what he does best.” They forget about your background and what you’ve done and how you started out and how you got to where you are. I never really thought that I would be categorized by Star Trek because I thought, of the three principal characters, that McCoy was most-human character in the whole group. I did not feel that way about Bill or Leonard. The captain, you think about Flash Gordon or that sort of thing. And when I saw Leonard with his makeup, with the ears, I thought, “Well, he’s had it.” I thought, “McCoy is still kind of an ordinary human being walking around out there and I don’t think there will be any problems at all.” I was the most surprised man in the world when I was caught right in the same trap… if you can call it a trap.

It’s been a mixed blessing. I’ve enjoyed the role tremendously and, as the years have gone by, I have considered myself very fortunate to be a part of this show, which has become the phenomenon that it has. Many actors never get the opportunity to even be in a successful series, and here I have had the opportunity to be a part of what has become something most unusual in this country. So I have to look at it with all gratefulness.

I’m not proud of the fact that it has slotted me as such, but a great deal of that – not all of it, but a great deal of it – is my fault. I’m not the most driven actor in the world. I’m a lazy actor. I’d done an awful lot of things before Star Trek. If Star Trek ended for me tomorrow, or if had ended for me with the series, I would have been a contented human being because I’d have done a lot of things I was glad to have had the opportunity to do. Not that I was setting the world on fire, but I had fulfilled myself within. I had done what I set out to do.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:44 am

Karl Urban's show about a cop with cybernetic implants teaming up with an android cop was cancelled by Fox

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top