Dragon Zombie Vampire Chatter: will sentient Obama dinobots appear in Transformers 4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Zombie Vampire Chatter: will sentient Obama dinobots appear in Transformers 4?

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:40 pm

How to title an alternate reboot prequel sequel

"There were more conversations about what we were going to call [the new Star Trek film] than went into actually shooting it," Damon Lindelof said.

The problem, as Lindelof discussed, is that "Star Trek 2" can't be the title, since there's already "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan." "That was the smarts of Nolan. There was 'Batman Begins,' and now they're just going to be the 'Dark Knights' and not going to have 2's," he said. "It's hard to do movies without colons. I'm not talking about the colon that's in my body that I use for digestion."

With numbers off the table, there's always the trusty colon, but Lindelof said they wanted to steer away from that trend. "There's no word that comes after the colon after 'Star Trek' that's cool," he said. "Not that 'Star Trek: Insurrection' or 'First Contact' aren't good titles, it's just that everything that people are turned off about when it comes to 'Trek' is represented by the colon."

Jar Jar Abrams and Lindelof's co-writers kept a running email chain of every potential title that's been tossed around. Of those, Lindelof liked "Star Trek: Transformers 4" the best "because it's technically available."

Damon Lindelof - virgin until his twenties

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon Zombie Vampire Chatter: will sentient Obama dinobots appear in Transformers 4?

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:01 pm

T4 - was that the one with Mark Wahlbergs and the Giant Samurai Transformer?

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top