The Revenge of Zoe Yadira Saldaña Nazario

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Revenge of Zoe Yadira Saldaña Nazario

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed May 29, 2013 6:32 pm

hailing frequencies are mad crunkin

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenge of Zoe Yadira Saldaña Nazario

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed May 29, 2013 8:14 pm

In that Allure magazine, the asker was all "have you done it with chicks" and Zoe was like "I want you to publish my answer to that questions as three dots, you know, ellipses" like this

"..."

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Thu May 30, 2013 6:30 am

I liked her best as a pirate--partly because she punched out Captain Jack.

I liked that best, but i like the rest, too. I love you I love you I love you I love you

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu May 30, 2013 11:39 am

She had a bad experience on POTC:COTBP. She was a relative new comer to the main stage then and resented being demeaned and condescended to by artificially-tanned issacs. Zoe believes all people are brothers and sisters and she really doesn't like caste systems you know

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:53 am

The general rule is that sequels always make more money than their predecessor, this is the reason they are made. This is the reason why franchises with little to no (or tiny) profits (“Red,” “G.I. Joe”) get followups, because the wisdom is that the property is now known, and even if they first film didn't clean up, the second one will likely outgross it. But “Star Trek Into Darkness” is the rare major blockbuster sequel that didn’t outperform its predecessor. 2009’s "Star Trek" grossed $257 million domestically, while 'Into Darkness' only grossed $224 million despite the brand having already successfully rebooted itself. The story was reversed worldwide with 'Into Darkness' outgrossing the original by about $60 million, which is heartening for the studio, but one has got to think the writers and producers have to wonder what went wrong and why “Star Trek” went soft within North America; the territory where the franchise should be the largest. One would think they would actually want to work on the script a little bit too.

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Sat May 24, 2014 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:51 am

user predicts there will be prolly only one more Strek flick with this cast, and it wont be with Abrams 'recting.  

note: doesn't the trick of getting all your enemies to have a meeting in a room with a big window and then attacking them with a helicopter have its origins in GODDFATHER PART THREE?

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Sat May 24, 2014 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:52 pm

picard guano popped corn

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Sat May 24, 2014 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Rolling Eyes 

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:57 pm

sometimes Zoe will skip breakfast and lunch and just have a lite supper

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:22 am

News On The March You Can Use : Zoë Saldana and her sister Cisely have signed up with Liongate’s Pantelion Latino studio.

The Saldana sisters via Saldana Productions, will “develop projects for Hispanic audiences,” with Lionsgate bringing in an executive to “oversee the company.”

Pantelion Films was formed in 2010 and last year joined with Mexico’s Grupo Televisa to “create English-language TV fare with Latina flair.”

“We look forward to a fruitful and productive relationship with Pantelion,” said Zoë Saldana.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Black September ...

Some comments from fans on TrekMovie: The Website regarding Our Star Trek into The Darkness got to screenwriter Roberto Orci, and he lashed out at the article and one commenter in particular.

The comments came after an article written by Joseph Dickerson, in which he claimed that Star Trek was broken. Dickerson offered suggestions on how to fix it.

As might be expected, there were plenty of comments pro and con after the article, and Orci, a regular commenter at the site, chimed in. “I think the article above is akin to a child acting out against his parents,” he said. “Makes it tough for some to listen, but since I am a loving parent, I read these comments without anger or resentment, no matter how misguided.

“Having said that, two biggest Star Treks in a row with best reviews is hardly a description of ‘broken.’ And frankly, your tone and attitude make it hard for me to listen to what might otherwise be decent notions to pursue in the future. Sorry, Joseph. As I love to say, there is a reason why I get to write the movies, and you don’t.”

One poster took exception with Orci’s comments, and said “If you are the real Bob, I say this, you guys didn’t listen to the fans before & will always do what the studio want; which is a movie that has more action & less thinking.”

A moderator at the site confirmed it was indeed Orci, who replied to the poster, saying “… I wish you knew what you were talking about. I listened more than any other person behind the Trek franchise has EVER listened. And guess what? Glad I did because it lead to 2 biggest Treks ever.

“You think action and thinking are mutually exclusive. Ok, then. Pitch me Into Darkness. Pitch me the plot, and let’s compare it to other pitches. Go ahead. Let’s see if you actually understood the movie. Tell me what happened?”

Orci then provided a list of items in the movie that happened as a result of listening to the fans:

* Kirk promoted too fast incorporated as part of the text of Universe.
   * Remade Engineering
   * Made Scotty more than comic relief
   * Got Uhura more into the action
   * Touched upon Prime Directive.
   * Saw more of the ship
   * Brought Pike back

A comment (evidently now deleted) by another poster set the writer off though. “STID has infinitely more social commentary than Raiders (of the Lost Ark) in every Universe, and I say that with Harrison Ford being a friend, said Orci. “You lose credibility big time when you don’t honestly engage with the FUCKING WRITER OF THE MOVIE ASKING YOU AN HONEST QUESTION. You prove the cliche of shitty fans. And rude in the process. So, as Simon Peggg would say: FUCK OFF!”

Later, calmed down, Orci explained that occasionally he gets angry online and that he values Trek fans. “Don’t take me too seriously,” he said. If you’ve been on this board for the last five years (as I have been) you know that twice a year I explode at the morons. Today there seemed to be a congregation, so it seemed like a good time.

You are the most listened to fans ever. That doesn’t mean you will get is to do what you want. Just means what I said: I listened. Then we decided, having heard as many opinions as possible. To paraphrase of one of my great and beloved heroes, George W. Bush, ‘We’re the deciders…’

“You know I love you all,” he reassured another poster. “Every once in a while, even Spock loses his cool Wink

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Sat May 24, 2014 12:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:35 am

Zoë Saldana will be heard in 20th Century Fox Animation’s The Book of Life.

Saldana joins Channing Tatum, Diego Luna, Ice Cube, Kate del Castillo, Ron Perlman and Christina Applegate in the animated comedy.

Produced by Guillermo del Toro and directed by Jorge Gutierrez (who co-wrote the screenplay with Doug Langdale), The Book of Life is the story of the “journey of Manolo, a young man who is torn between fulfilling the expectations of Manolo's family and following Manolo's heart. Before choosing which path to follow, Manolo embarks on an incredible adventure that spans three fantastical worlds where Manolo must face Manolo's greatest fears.”

The Book of Life, which will release October 17, 2014, is Saldana’s first major animated work.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:37 am

Lopez says "Diego" means "James" in spanish talk. scratch scratch scratch 

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:56 pm

UPDATE: STID scriber Roberto Orci bak~traks-

I overreacted recently. I told one fan to kind of go screw himself. I think I was wrong in two ways. Number one, I was wrong in terms of how the audience is never wrong. That’s how I like to think of it. The audience, even even if they don’t articulate their exact problem, they are never wrong. If an audience doesn’t like a movie, they are right. They’re the audience.

Number two, I am a fan. I know from long ago that the folk who complain about these movies are, frankly, a small minority. And so, you can’t get 87% on Rotten Tomatoes and then pretend like you’ve messed it all up. I don’t want to ever say, “Hey! We won! Hooray! We’re the kings!” But when you are talking about fandom, I know this because I’m a fan; the vocal minority does not always represent the majority. That’s not to dismiss them. I want to hear from the vocal minority because that’s actually me. I’m one of those guys who would complain about stuff from the very beginning.

So even though I am aware of statistically, and I just know this is a fact, that the people who really came after me, who I yelled at wrongly, represent 3% to 6% of the audience. Nonetheless, I really value their opinion. I really value their opinion. So I want to hear what they have to say. I don’t want to dismiss it. And yet, I know that it’s only 6% of the audience.

I want to hear what they have to say. I also overreacted because it’s just not the reaction of most of the audience. Like I said, you can’t get 87% on Rotten Tomatoes and pretend that everyone hates the movie. They just don’t.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:06 pm

user wrote:Lopez says "Diego" means "James" in spanish talk.  scratch scratch scratch 
I've heard that but I still don't get it. Suspect 

Makes we wonder why they need "Jaime."  

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat May 24, 2014 7:53 pm

with all the talk of STID gaffes, we might consider some Voyager Inconsistencies

Voyager was the only Federation ship in the Delta Quadrant. This original premise was maintained through seven years. Alas, the authors didn't take into account the resulting limitations. New shuttles and new crew members kept popping up as if the next starbase was only a few light years away, not to mention that the ship, despite all the power outages and the frequent skirmishes, was always in perfect shape (the real-world reason being that this allowed to use stock footage any time).

Number of shuttlecraft - It may be due to a lack of better ideas that Voyager writers frequently had shuttles get into electromagnetic turbulences and crash on planets. Such a crash is no problem for starships that can simply be resupplied in a nearby starbase, but it is for Voyager. The official Star Trek Voyager Technical Guide V1.0, intended as guidelines for writers (sub-title: "Yes, but which button do I push to fire the phasers?"), ironically says that "Voyager normally carries two[!] standard shuttlecraft, four of the smaller shuttlepods, and four EVA workpods". We have never seen any shuttlepods or workpods. The two lonely shuttlecraft were obviously both supposed to be of Type 6, since this one is depicted in the booklet. In any case a complement of two shuttlecraft was extremely short-sighted.

In strong contrast to what the booklet told the authors, lots of standard shuttles of no less than three different types, namely Type 6, Type 8 and Type 9 (the latter is designated as Type 12 in the Star Trek Fact Files and as Class 2 since the 5th season) were actually seen, and Voyager has probably lost as many as seventeen of them in seven years!

It is evident that such a shuttle consumption is only possible if spare parts for repairing and assembling shuttles are available. We could imagine that most of the components of a shuttle are relatively simple, and can therefore be replicated. Still, very complex parts like the computer system, which employs quantum level computation, and the warp core would have to be stored. If the crew can build the highly advanced Delta Flyer from scratch, building new standard shuttles from existing plans and materials shouldn't be such a great problem anyway.

How many shuttles did Voyager really have at the beginning and how many were built afterwards? The aft section of an Intrepid-class vessel does not seem to be large enough to hold more than eight Starfleet shuttlecraft, and Neelix's ship which seems to be somewhat larger has to be stored as well. Fitting the Delta Flyer into the shuttlebay is still another problem. In an optimistic estimation, we can assume that there were eight shuttles aboard when Voyager left for the Badlands. Since Voyager's complement consists of as many as three different shuttlecraft types, it is a good guess is that there were two shuttles of Type 6, three of Type 8 and three of Type 9. This means that at least seven new shuttles of different types must have been built from stored spare parts. Given Chakotay's incredibly funny statement of a "full complement of shuttles" in "Alice", all fifteen until then destroyed shuttles should have been replaced, unless he counts the Delta Flyer as an equivalent of four or more shuttles.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun May 25, 2014 7:29 am

Let's take a closer look to see how Voyager's shuttles fared -

Episode Title---Shuttle Type---Resulting Shuttle Status

Cathexis - 6? - Damaged inside nebula, recovered    

Initiations - 8  - Destroyed by Kazon vessel

Non Sequitur - 8 - Drake Destroyed in temporal rift

Parturition - 8 - Crashed on planet "Hell", recovery doubtful because of alien threat  

Innocence - 6 - Crashed on planet, presumed recovered    

Future's End - 9 - Crashed on Earth, recovered    

Coda - 8 and 6 - Sacajawea Crashed on planet, presumed recovered, MSD: Type 8, outside: Type 6    

Unity - 9 - Cannibalized by ex-Borg

Rise - 6? - Damaged beyond repair in crash, recovery unlikely  

Real Life - 9 - Cochrane Damaged in subspace vortex, beamed aboard    

The Gift - 9 - Destroyed or vanished in the course of Kes' evolution

Day of Honor - 9 - Cochrane Destroyed by Caatati vessel

Nemesis - ? - Shot down and abandoned on Vori planet, salvage very unlikely  

The Raven - 8 and 6 - Abandoned in B'omar territory, no time to retrieve it, miraculously changed from Type 6 to 8 between two scenes    

Mortal Coil - 6 - Heavily damaged through protomatter explosion, presumed recovered    

Hunters - 9 - Captured by Hirogen, possibly recovered    

Drone - 9 ("Class 2") - Suffered hull breach, recovery questionable  

Counterpoint - 9 - Given to telepathic refugees

Gravity - 6 - Crashed on planet in high gravity region, salvage impossible

Dark Frontier - 9 - Assimilated by the Borg

Think Tank - ? - Pulled into subspace, presumed lost  

Barge of the Dead - 9 - Damaged in ion storm, salvaged    

Tsunkatse - 9 - Captured and most likely not returned  

Natural Law - 9 - Destroyed by energy barrier

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:37 am

kewl new Top Ten list on Deadspin

Top 10 Least Threatening Star Terk Villains

10. The Breen (DS9)

The Breen were one of the bigger letdowns of Star Trek. Introduced as this unstoppable new alien race that we've somehow never heard of, they join the Dominion war and turn the tide in the Dominion's favor. They're sort of like Princess Leia's "bounty hunter" disguise in Return of the Jedi. And the Breen... never seem to add up to much. They're built up as this formidable opponent, and then they just fade out. They have this one energy-dampening weapon that the Federation has no defense against... until they figure out a defense against it. Then the Breen are suddenly no big deal.

9. God (Star Trek V)

Really, almost every space god the Federation ever encounters is kind of sad and pathetic. Apollo, Trelaine, Charley X, Plato's Stepchildren, Ardra... anyone who's not Q is kind of a waste. You find their magic doohickey or whoever's pulling their strings, and then they're over. But the weakest god of them all is probably God himself, as encountered on the planet Shakaree. He needs to lure travelers to his planet, where he's apparently trapped, and when he's called on his BS he pretty much just has a bit of lightning and some feeble rock monsters at his disposal. Kirk pretty much demolishes him just by asking what God needs with a starship.

8. Space Hippies (TOS, "The Way to Eden")

We had so many one-shot TOS villains on this list. At least a third of the one-shot villains in TOS are just excuses for Kirk to swagger his way through another supposedly no-win situation. But we still have to pay special attention to the space hippies in "The Way to Eden." Partly because they're such dreadful wankers, with their bicycle-wheel jam sessions and penny-ante philosophy. Their main weapon seems to be calling Kirk "Herbert." People take over the Enterprise with alarming regularity in TOS — but these guys are among the least credible hijackers, and it's not surprising that they're so easily dealt with. Oh, and they didn't bother to use a tricorder to test the damn fruit on their Eden planet. Idiots.

7. Sela (TNG)

TNG, also, boasts a number of absolutely pathetic one-shot villains. We considered the Antedeans, the fish-headed creatures who try to disrupt a peace conference. And the Bynars, whose main scheme seems to be seducing Riker with his ideal woman. (Protip: You can seduce Riker with some drier lint. You don't have to work that hard.) We really wanted to include Ronin, the Anne Rice knock-off from "Sub Rosa." But we had no room for those villains, and they're just averagely terrible. Sela, meanwhile... she's obviously supposed to be extra scary, because she's a Romulan who looks like Tasha Yar! So she has all of Tasha Yar's badassery and all of your average Romulan's cunning. And... I'm not even sure what happens. Sela is built up over several episodes as the new "big bad," and then she succeeds in capturing Picard and Spock and planning the invasion of Vulcan. And she fumbles the ball so badly that the real Tasha Yar would be horrified.

6. Fear the Clown (Voyager)

And here's another one-shot villain that we just cannot ignore. Some scientist types get trapped in a holographic realm where they're tormented by a clown who represents the ultimate manifestation of fear. And... he's like a weak borscht belt comedian, or something. He's the least scary scary clown we've ever seen. He mostly seems whiny and annoyed that nobody's scared of him. He does age Harry Kim into an old man and then turn him into a baby, which is the most character development Harry Kim ever got. But Janeway outwits him (hesitate to use the word "outwits" because that implies the presence of wits) with ridiculous ease.

5. The Na'kuhl (Enterprise)

We still don't really understand the Temporal Cold War. Maybe nobody does. The producers have said several times that they didn't want to do a big time-travel storyline on Enterprise, but the studio forced them to include it. In any case, the Temporal Cold War went on for a few years, during which we never learned who Future Guy was, and Scorpius from Farscape showed up a lot. And the Temporal Cold War turned into sort of a 9/11 allegory, and we had to go fight the Xindi... and it all led up to a huge conclusion, in which we had to go back to World War II and fight alien Nazis. These alien Nazis were actually weaker than the alien Nazis on TOS or Voyager. They had some plan to provide weapons of mass destruction to the Nazis, but they were kind of pathetic wannabes. Archer and Scorpius basically take them down single-handed.

4. Ru'afo (Star Trek: Insurrection!)

Fun fact: Ru'afo, the plastic-surgery-addicted alien who wants to retake his old homeworld and suckers some Starfleet admirals into helping him, was originally named "Joss." If you read Michael Piller's (incredibly depressing) unpublished book about the making of Insurrection, there are tons of script notes and letters from Patrick Stewart, asking, "What exactly motivates Joss to try and take over the planet of the young people?" And pointing out that Joss is kind of a bland, one-note villain. Sadly, even after his name changed, Ru'afo never stopped being a terrible one-note baddie. His main thing is that he's a wacky satire on plastic-surgery victims, something Brazil did way better a decade earlier. He's only really a serious threat because of those aforementioned Starfleet admirals.

3. Janice Lester (TOS, "The Turnabout Intruder")

And finally... one last one-shot TOS villain. The last ever TOS villain, in fact. She's Kirk's ex-girlfriend who didn't get to be a starship captain because of sexism, so she traps Kirk in a body-switching device and steals his body so she can command the Enterprise. This is actually a pretty rock-solid scheme. She gets points for ingenuity. But once she has Kirk's body, she can't just play it cool. She has to start acting like a bizarre stereotype of a hysterical lady, eventually alerting Spock and McCoy to the awful truth. It's not like impersonating Kirk requires any dignity or anything. She could have pulled it off.

2. Seska and the Kazon (Star Trek: Voyager)

We spent wayyy too long with the Kazon. Way too long. They were these grouchy aliens who had a chip on their shoulder because Voyager wouldn't just hand out its advanced Federation technology to them, and because their technology was so backward, they seldom posed much of a threat to Voyager. Until Seska, the Voyager officer who's secretly a Cardassian spy among the Maquis, decides to join them for no reason that makes sense. And even then, Seska's main weapon is pretending that she stole Chakotay's DNA and had his baby. Which is enough to let her take over Voyager for a day or two. On the plus side, they're smart enough to evict the Voyager crew from their own ship, which is more than the space hippies ever thought of. But for all the build-up the Kazon received, they were seldom more than annoying. Why couldn't Voyager have found itself on the other side of the galaxy, dealing with more advanced races?

1. The Ferengi (TNG/DS9/Voyager)

There could be no other choice for #1. Because Trek really really wanted the Ferengi to be the scary new aliens, when TNG launched. The first season of TNG contains several attempts to inspire fear of these big-eared ultra-capitalists, who snarl at Riker and try to drive Picard insane. Just like Ru'afo was some kind of misguided cautionary tale about not getting too much cosmetic surgery, the Ferengi were like the ultimate manifestation of Gene Roddenberry's "hey, man, capitalism is evil" idea. They were supposed to be the new Klingons, except avaricious instead of violent. They fizzled so badly that the shows changed gears drastically and turned them into comic relief, a role they occupied for years on TNG and DS9.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  yoder on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:56 am

so the real villain here, the inconsistency of the villains ?

yoder

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:31 am

I don't really think the Breen belong on that list, it was THE DOMINION, not The Breen, who were the real heavies.  As devised within the overall framework, the Breen fulfill their purpose, which was:

1. once the Romulans join the Federation-Klingon Alliance, the entry of the Breen into The Dominion Axis serves to keep The Dominion as a powerful threat

2. to make The Cardassians seem expendable within the dominion of The Dominion, and to serve as impetus for Legate Damar's Cardassian Resistance Movement

So the Breen are just another Dominion cog, and since they're not super signif, I think Ira Steven Behr successfully plays them for some vaguely comedic bits ... like when they make unintelligible jokes in their gibberish language, to the delight of The Vorta, and the acrimony of The Cardassians

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:33 am

I almost didn't open this thread, knowing that some pics of Zoe are NSFDL [not safe for Dolgellau library]. silent 

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:35 am

could also try Blaenau Ffestiniog Library or Porthmadog Library

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:24 am

Last night 'Colombiana' was on the 'tellee.'

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:43 am

Zoe says she has TEN tattoos that mostly we have not seen in the movies. Suspect 

Of course, that's strictly her business, and it ain't none of our'n where they are located.

So, if any of you find them, please don't be posting them here. 

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:45 am

Anyway--they're not in view here:

Last edited by pinhedz on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down