View previous topic View next topic Go down

DAYS OF 49

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu May 02, 2013 6:56 pm

SUPER-BOWL XVI
January 24, 1982
San Francisco 49ers versus Cincinnati Bengals
"This is It !?!" by Ken Loggins featuring Sir Michael McDonald

blogger Patty Goulding II reports:

The story goes something like this: Forty-Niner quarterback Joe Montana was on the team bus headed to the Pontiac Silver Dome which is located in Pontiac and 'Joe Kool' had a 'boom-box' on which he was playing the new release Let's Keep the Fire! by Kenneth "Knows tha Frequency but isn't telling" Loggins & Friends. As the brooding band of Bay Area battle bro-sephs waited in burgundian traffic (weather created just terrible delays getting to the game that day [edittor's notation: as I recall, traffic was exacerbated by the vicepresidential motorcading of George Herbert Walker Herbert Bushes]] ), Coach Bill Walsh worked his way over to Joe Montana and Joe Montana immediately turned the music off.
Coach Bill Walsh looked at Joe Montana and told Joe Montana to turn it up.

[editorr's revising: cokroech bloggist 'Ghoul'ding not flippin surprisingly 4GOT to mention that not only was volume increased for duration of song play-time as per Coach's instrucsions but what yuo must reallize is that Loggins was transduced into the mantra of ultimate intent by the 49ers' cycling invocations ... almost becoming a furious prophecy ... what one user was saying was that this fenomenon was truly actuated by the Loggins being 'played' on the very much fateful 'boom-box' over and ovre and then again by these modren gladiaters hovering on the brink of that locus wherein history, folk-lore, motor-way congestions, and sport statistics trivia converge into a thing which for Lacung whimsically termed the 'empty infinity rhombus']

The song conveyed exactly the message Coach Bill Walsh wanted Coach Bill Walsh's team to hear. “This is it, make no mistake where you are; This is it, you’re going no further; This is it, until it’s over and done; This is it, one way or another.”

final tally
San Francisco 49ers- 26, Cincinnati Bengals- 21
winning points scored by: 49ers placekicker Raimund 'Ray' Wersching ( born MONDSEE, Austria )

National anthem- Diana Ross
Coin toss- Bobby Layne
Halftime show- Up with People presents "Salute to the 1960s and Motown"
Referee- Patrick 'Pat' Haggerty

Last edited by user on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:53 am; edited 16 times in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: DAYS OF 49

Post  Old Mack on Fri May 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Bob Dylan didn't write it BUT he sure did sing it !

Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:56 am

o yowzoo only 4 days left until the preseason kickoff gainst Green Bay, so are u having the goose-pimples like Midge & Lopez o gawd

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:45 pm

They're playing Denver, not Green Bay. And dont get too excited. With CRABTREE presumably out for the season, there's a bit of a question mark vis a vis the Receiver Corps ...

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Who flucking cares about the preseason anyway, user ...

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:42 pm

latebreaker: Cleveland Brown BARKEVIOUS MINGO released from hospital after phantom bruised lung injury

Mingo, Barkevious

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:03 pm

49ers’ physical safety Donte Whitner will legally change last name to ‘Hitner’
DailyNugget
Glocktober 3

At some point this season, he will be the 49ers safety formerly known as Donte Whitner.

After tweeting his intent Wednesday morning to legally change his last name to “Hitner,” Whitner, who is known for his physical style, later confirmed in the locker room that, yes, he’s serious about removing the “W” from his last name. In fact, on Tuesday he paid a $27 fee, mailed the paperwork to his lawyer in his native Ohio and is hopeful the back of his uniform will reflect the change by Sunday’s game against the visiting Texans.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:51 pm

SLAM: Why did you change your name to World B. Free?

WBF: First of all, no one called me Lloyd from the day I was tagged “World” by this dude Herb Smith, who gave everyone in Brownsville names. It was due to my penchant for doing 360-degree slam dunks on people’s heads. In a game against a team from Bed-Stuy, I was on a fast break with a 6-8 guy in front of me. We both jumped, and I was fixing to do a freaky move on him, and I felt myself going, going, and I went all the way around him and dunked. Herb started screaming, “World! World! You are all world, Lloyd!” And that became my name, but when I changed it officially I was making a statement. I’m sort of a deep, political dude and I really did want the world to be free and for people to think about that every time they said my name.

Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Barkevious Mingo has a long way to go before people can call Barkevious Mingo a successful draft pick, but after just three games, Barkevious Mingo is well on his way. Barkevious Mingo has a tendency to rush too deep and overpursue on run plays, but those things are normal for cookie rookies.

The fact that Barkevious Mingo recognizes assignments and isn’t being dominated this early in his career is a great sign. Barkevious Mingo's athleticism and explosiveness were never a question. As long as Barkevious Mingo can stay healthy, Barkevious Mingo will consistently improve into a dominating outside force. Barkevious Mingo. Look out, Cleveland, nacho

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:24 pm

dyam 2 much truth, testifye no limit son, wash yo dirty butt boo ahyite, Skeetleskeet Big Bizness Venturez Amalgamazated an 4reel Limited Liabilities, son wotyoo gondoo, Snitchez get Richez, peez

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:34 am

awz jes, thos Grindin Griddiron Glory-Girderz of thaa NFL which stand fo NOT FO LONG if you stil b bringin dat fuginzlered nappyjank, sheat. BTW, dats sum goodass gravy up in tha 3950390204 (hollerama itz on, dayam)

and to perpetuate the hype-skematic:

"I'm Oprahciraptor Chung-Lautrec,
My bank zone blitz will nip yo neck."

Last edited by user on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:55 am

or or or prehapz

"I'm T. Whydairyan Fogelqueaf,
My bump 'n' run compare 2 Donovan's Reef,
ooo weee?

(taddow, Alfre Woodard, taddam)

Last edited by user on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:26 pm

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- The San Francisco 49ers remain optimistic they will get four players back to practice this week after injuries.

Receiver Mario Manningham, cornerback Eric Wright and rookie defensive linemen Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial are “anticipated” to practice this week, coach Jim Harbaugh said Monday.

Last edited by user on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:30 pm

The 49ers leave for a 10-day trip Friday when they go to Nashville for Sunday’s game against the Titans. They then fly directly to London to play league's worst Jacksonville on Oct. 27. What’s Harbaugh’s travel plan like? Pretty simple: “I’m going to go with the clothes on my back, pack my playbook, a toothbrush and a great attitude.”

Coach Harbaugh; will bring tooth-brush

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Dateline Santa Clara

In the recent conversation concerning the 49ers’ stable of backup running backs, Kendall Hunter had a secondary role.

Carlos Hyde, a rookie second-round pick from Ohio State, was the most tantalizing. Marcus Lattimore, who has yet to play since suffering a horrific knee injury in college, was the most intriguing. And disgruntled University of Oregon Duck LaMichael James, a subject of offseason trade speculation, was the most controversial.

Unfortunately for the 49ers, the overlooked Hunter, easily the most accomplished of the group, is now the subject of headlines: The team confirmed Saturday morning that Frank Gore’s primary backup for the past three seasons tore his ACL in practice Friday.

Hunter, 25, will presumably be lost for the season and his absence could underscore how quietly productive he’d been since the 49ers drafted him in the fourth round in 2011.

Consider: Of the 63 running backs that have had at least 200 carries since 2011, Hunter’s 4.59 yards per carry ranks 13th. Hunter is the only 49ers backup running back to have 100 carries in a season since Gore became the starter in 2006 and he’s vastly more experienced than the other reserves. His 262 career carries are 223 more than the combined total from Hyde, Lattimore and James, the only other back with NFL experience.

Last year, Hunter returned from a torn Achilles he sustained in November 2012 and had 358 yards and averaged 4.6 yards a carry.

“He was really productive last year, but maybe didn’t get as many carries as he wanted,” fullback Bruce Miller said. “We were really looking to bust him out and use him a lot early.”

Said offensive coordinator Greg Roman: “Does it get any better than him as a person or as a contributor? No. But ‘next man up’ is not a cliché. It’s a way of life.”

Given Hunter’s injury, the 49ers might be particularly pleased they traded up six spots to select Hyde, the third running back selected in May. At 230 pounds, he’s a bruiser who could be a natural fit for the 49ers’ power-running scheme.

“I think he does what we want running backs in our system to do,” Miller said. “He’s a vertical runner, not much side to side. He can put his foot in the ground and get vertical, which is always what we ask those guys to do: Pick up tough yards.”

Based on his career at South Carolina, the same could be said of Lattimore (5-11, 221). But he’s yet to play since he tore all three major ligaments and dislocated his left knee in October 2012. Last year, he spent his first NFL season on injured reserve and began training camp on the non-football injury list because of his knee and a hamstring issue. GM Baalke has said Lattimore now has mental as well as physical issues to overcome.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:43 pm

Jesus is calling
He’s coming back to gather up his jewels

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:51 am

Last edited by woo on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:54 am

Jesus said "be ready"

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:53 am

Last edited by woo on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:10 pm

The 49ers' cheerleaders are known as THE GOLD RUSH. Some Oakland Raider-ettes have just concluded their litigation with management who were forcing them to change clothings in public restrooms, failing to pay minimum wage, illegally deducting wages for minor rules infractions like tardiness, failing to reimburse mandatory business expenses and issuing paychecks only once a year.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:22 pm

GLENDALE, Arizona -- Observed and heard in the locker room after the San Francisco 49ers 23-14 loss to the Arizona Cardinals at Online University of Phoenix Stadium:

Amid a stunned and silent locker room, running back Frank Gore, the 49ers’ longest-tenured position player, had little to say after the loss. He paused for up to 10 seconds between questions before offering no answers. Finally, he waved off the media horde and said, "I can’t talk right now. Sorry." Then he buried his head in his hands. Gore had 10 yards rushing on six carries, and rookie Carlos Hyde carried the ball three times for 13 yards, including a 6-yard touchdown.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:59 am

Last edited by woo on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:02 pm

also in that movie he punches a dog i think.

the most disconcerting thing about the current state of the Niners and the NFL is that the Willis & Bowman Era of Niner Defensive Dominance is built on bone-crushing but legal hits, but the NFL seemingly wants to phase this out.  Concussions? They are bad and should be reduced.  FINE.  So the professional, dedicated Niners adjust and begin making their hard hits with their SHOULDERS, and NOT leading with their helmets or going after the heads of the opponent ... but still they get penalized like crazy ... basically for being strong and fast aggressive champions.

The Niners have toned down their hits SO SO MUCH from some of the stuff in this montage, but still get flagged like it is the bloody Flag Day to end all Flag Days ... do you know who is out of control now? THE ZEBRAS.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:24 pm

Shemp, yeh, the Team from Washington and the Eagles had some pretty good fisticuffs on Sunday, but these days, the hardest hits are happening mongst the crowd.

[ censored ]

not too surprising- before the recent rise of Seattle, the Niner-Arizona rivalry was the most heated in the West ( yes, historically Arizona has not been a post-season contender, I'm talking just in terms of teams really genuinely not liking each other one tiny bit) ... then you factor in a sizable population of Niner Empire living in Arizona, and many more Faithful making the desert trek ... voila- blood-spattered bleachers.

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:28 pm

Nan wonders "Why is a team from Arizona called the bloody 'Cardinals'" ?

i explain, they actually trace their lineage to 1898 - the Fighting Racine Cardinals of The Morgan Athletic Club and Tonic Dispensary (Chicago)

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top