Isn't Bob just a clumsy imitator?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Isn't Bob just a clumsy imitator?

Post  pinhedz on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:37 am

I recall (back before The Great Deletion) that we had a thread proving that Bob was just copying the musicians he heard back in Dinkytown around 1958-1961.

I'm pretty sure we proved it at the time--and the pinhed was going to present a lecture on the topic and Johnny Mac's ill-fated Bob Dylan Conference at Swarthmore College.

I would'a done it too. bounce

What was the evidence? geek

For starters, what was it that Bob said about Spider John in Chronicles? study

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Isn't Bob just a clumsy imitator?

Post  pinhedz on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:51 am

For the conference lecture, we must tally up the songs that Bob clearly learned from Koerner, Ray & Clover. geek

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:21 am

Here's a preliminary list:

See that my Grave is Kept Clean
Duncan and Brady
Hangman
Gypsy Davey
Two Trains
Fixin' to Die
Broke Down Engine
Last Fair Deal
Corrina
Delia
Highway 51
Baby Please Don't Go
Days of '49
Jack o' Diamonds
Danville Girl
Careless Love
When First unto this Country
Kid Man Blues
Brownsville
Gravel Road
In the Jailhouse now
Sittin' on top of the World
Stewball
The Golden Vanity
Froggie went a'courtin'

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:27 am

On President's Day, I decided to undrink the "Poet Laureate of Rock/Roll" PR Positioning Zim-brand Kewl-Aid distributed by Jann Weiner & Jeff Rosen, Esq. whereby I listened to 'Highway 61 Revisit' with fresh, tight, nubile virgin ears, and guess wot, the disc really wasn't so earth-shattering.

A couple years after this record came out, Bobby birthed the song about riding the bus with a comic book and that showed true real promise ... but Bobby doesn't start to get a full gust of genuine sand and chutzpah steam until he accepts Jeshua as Hashem's #1 Bloodied Lamb whereby Bobby evolves into a homeless preacher afflicted with hebephrenic schizophrenia, "Your brother named James got a decent memory but he ain't gon find no coconut bread or Erroll Flynn on the righteous path because you're a fallen woman with a swollen tongue and a soiled bed that aint even fit for hyenas." <----- REEL DEEL HOLYFIELD, (u no it, biterz)

See, this Bobby thoroughly liquidates and emulsifies Cutesy, Cap-Wearing, Hobo Bobby or Polkadot Hipster Mushmouth Speedfreek Bobby. Chubby, Badly-Bearded, Porch Whittling Bobby is not so bad himself ... thing is he sorta just sits there on the shelf ... waiting for the Gross-Man to give him two furs etc. As for Whiteface Flower-Hat Renaldo & EL Mescal Loaf - that Bobby has an OK look, problem is he's always yelling on account of pharma-grade co-cain round his yid-mane.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:28 am

Last edited by woo on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  blue moon on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 pm

user wrote:On President's Day, I decided to undrink the "Poet Laureate of Rock/Roll" PR Positioning Zim-brand Kewl-Aid distributed by Jann Weiner & Jeff Rosen, Esq. whereby I listened to 'Highway 61 Revisit' with fresh, tight, nubile virgin ears, and guess wot, the disc really wasn't so earth-shattering.

A couple years after this record came out, Bobby birthed the song about riding the bus with a comic book and that showed true real promise ... but Bobby doesn't start to get a full gust of genuine sand and chutzpah steam until he accepts Jeshua as Hashem's #1 Bloodied Lamb whereby Bobby evolves into a homeless preacher afflicted with hebephrenic schizophrenia, "Your brother named James got a decent memory but he ain't gon find no coconut bread or Erroll Flynn on the righteous path because you're a fallen woman with a swollen tongue and a soiled bed that aint even fit for hyenas." <----- REEL DEEL HOLYFIELD, (u no it, biterz)

See, this Bobby thoroughly liquidates and emulsifies Cutesy, Cap-Wearing, Hobo Bobby or Polkadot Hipster Mushmouth Speedfreek Bobby. Chubby, Badly-Bearded, Porch Whittling Bobby is not so bad himself ... thing is he sorta just sits there on the shelf ... waiting for the Gross-Man to give him two furs etc. As for Whiteface Flower-Hat Renaldo & EL Mescal Loaf - that Bobby has an OK look, problem is he's always yelling on account of pharma-grade co-cain round his yid-mane.
User, I...I understand this post. What's happened?

blue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  blue moon on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Woo wrote:
user wrote:

pharma-grade

Did I ever tell you all how I spent New Year's Eve 1991 with Billy Idol's coke dealer?
No.

blue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:00 am

Shocked Arrow Arrow

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:11 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down