Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground

Post  eddie on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:59 pm

pinhedz wrote:a Celtish gene pool

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Re: Publishing date etc for 'The Well of Shadows', my memoirs of the London Underground

Post  eddie on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 am

The paperback edition, now proof-read, is with the printer's for a few corrections. Out soon. Looks good:

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  felix on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:40 am

Good-o!    And a happy birthday to you.    

felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Cheers, my feline friend.  cat   

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick on Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:47 am

Any news on the date for the paperback edition Ed?

Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi, Nash.

Usual delays. You get used to them. Occasioned this time by my asking for corrections to the proof copy, so it had to go back to the printer for the necessary amendments. That and the Xmas/New Year shut-down, of course. This means that I missed out on any potential pre-Xmas sales- which is a pity- but it'll be a better book in the long run.

I've passed beyond frustration to a zen-like calm. I'll let you know when it's finally 'out there'.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  felix on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:11 am

cat Neutral cat Neutral cat Neutral cat Neutral cat Neutral cat 

felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:27 am

The paperback edition of my Tube memoir "The Well of Shadows: Underground London" is now available to order on Amazon UK. Here's the publicity blurb and cover:

As it is with postmen, so it is with the uniformed gate line staff on the London Underground. Invisible to most busy commuters, unless as an object of complaint or vilification, the figure in the glass box is barely credited by passengers with having any interior life at all.

Everything changes with the publication of former Customer Service Assistant Ed O’Regan’s Dante-esque memoir of over 13 years’ service in the living hell of London’s Tube network, where ghouls stalk the tunnels, passengers sometimes die, Management morph into Dad’s Army’s Captain Mainwaring and the poor bloody infantry on the front line have somehow to cope with whatever is thrown at them. Some are born mad, some achieve madness and some have madness thrust upon them.

A former theatre worker and Further Education lecturer, Ed’s unlikely decision to toil beneath the city streets is prompted by an I Ching reading after experiencing a series of mid-life crises, and his account of an inglorious ‘career’ is peppered with references as diverse as Hieronymus Bosch and the Travelling Wilburys, William Hogarth and The Rolling Stones. As the wallpaper inside CSA O’Regan’s skull unfolds, no reader of ‘The Well of Shadows’ will ever see the man in the glass box in quite the same light again.

“…highly enjoyable reading.” (The London Magazine)

“We read it with enthusiasm and were impressed by its originality and engaging style.” (The Susijn Agency)

Order here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Well-Shadows-Underground-London-Thirteen/dp/0957510012/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1394651873&sr=1-1

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Nah Ville Sky Chick on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:34 am

I just ordered my copy  Very Happy 

Nah Ville Sky Chick
Miss Whiplash

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:56 am

did tatiana remember to order one?

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:57 am

I love you

Really hope you enjoy it, Nash.

If you do, please post a (preferably 5- Like a Star @ heaven ) review on the Amazon book page. But, really, anything would do.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:02 am

I used an image of this same painting once to make a Mother's Day card for my mum

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:04 am

Hope she had a lovely day! lol! 

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:28 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:30 pm

An old friend in the US reports, much to my amazement, that he's been able to order a copy on the link above. So might be worth a try for other non-UK residents.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:17 am

eddie wrote:An old friend in the US reports, much to my amazement, that he's been able to order a copy on the link above. So might be worth a try for other non-UK residents.
It's true--it worked for me too.  study 

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:48 am

Well, well, well... scratch cheers cyclops  

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:34 am

I'll be in London June 25-26 to get it autographed.  

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:13 am

I put it in my shopping cart, but it is not letting me apply rightfully earned Amazon Credits towards purchase, and instead wants me to use something called money, what the frack?

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:15 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:06 pm

pinhedz wrote:I'll be in London June 25-26 to get it autographed.  

Must check my annual leave roster.  Smile 

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Astounded purchaser.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:33 pm

It just arrived--all glossy and spiffy looking. Very Happy 

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:18 pm

cheers  

Everyone seems to be receiving their orders but the poor bloody author. I'm still waiting for my copies.

eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top