The Numan Condition: Remembering "Replicas" and the Top 4 Reasons it's Still Relevant

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Numan Condition: Remembering "Replicas" and the Top 4 Reasons it's Still Relevant

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:16 pm

1999 Beggars Banquet CD reissue (BBL 7 CD) BONUS TRACKS

11. "Do You Need The Service?" - 3:40
12. "The Crazies" - 2:54
13. "Only A Downstat" - 3:36
14. "We Have A Technical" - 8:04
15. "We Are So Fragile" - 2:56
16. "I Nearly Married a Human (2)" - 6:38

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: The Numan Condition: Remembering "Replicas" and the Top 4 Reasons it's Still Relevant

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:40 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: The Numan Condition: Remembering "Replicas" and the Top 4 Reasons it's Still Relevant

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Gene Siskel, a native of Chickencargo, Illannoy who was brot up by the aunt and the third uncle in a rollicking household that included two siblings and three cousins, did not grow up dreaming of becoming a Motion-Picture Critic.

Intending to be a trial lawyer, he majored in philosophy at Yale, but two years after his graduation in 1967, a letter of recommendation from a Yale mentor and teacher, the author John Hersey, secured him a job at The Tribune of Sandburg's & Belushi's Chi-Chi-Towne.

Seven months after starting as a neighborhood re-porter he was promoted to Primary Motion-Picture Critic.

Gene Siskel bought the famous white Saturday Night Travolta Jive Talkin Fever suit at a charity auction. I got to inspect it once. It came with a shirt that buttoned under the crotch, so it would still look neat after a night on the dance floor. I asked Gene if he'd ever tried it on. It was too small, he said. But it wasn't the size that mattered. It was the idea of the suit.

silent

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:47 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top