What Dylan tune are you listening to now that is covered by another performer?

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Dylan tune are you listening to now that is covered by another performer?

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:47 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: What Dylan tune are you listening to now that is covered by another performer?

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:10 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:34 am

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:02 am

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:02 pm

i wonder why Eccles, I mean Don Henley started performing under the name Bryan Adams

scratch

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:00 pm

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:17 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:49 am

Did Dave Jones really think Bob Zimmerman was the architect of Unity and Family who could repel the encroachments of The Painted Lady of The Superbrain's Brow?

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:53 am

Jones said "this is how some see BD."  If you consider The Cygnet Committee Statement, Jones is either being ironical about BD, or is pandering, or is ironically pandering.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:24 pm

"Song for BD" was written in the year after BD's double long-player "The Self Portrait" ... it's possible "Song for BD" was a convoluted expression of Jones' annoyance at BD opening and closing his double long-player with "Alberta" which was such a bogstandard standard of the Folk Revival Scene, following Bob Gibson's revelatory interpretation ... and it could've been Jones was in disbelief that BD chose "Alberta" over "Some Fragments Of Marital Advice (Hard Is The Fortune / When I Was Single / Marry A Texas Gal)"

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Jones sings "then we lost your train of thought / the paintings are all your own" -- ooo, a "The Self Portrait" reference Exclamation

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:31 pm

do you realize "The Self Portrait" has two songs famously propagated by Los Everly Brothers- one being written by French Men and the other being written by a dude whose dad gave him a fake French name because dad couldn't remember the name of the French Man who saved his life (Sir Boudleaux).  "The Self Portrait" has another song written by the pretend French Man, "Let Me Go If You Cannot Take Me As I Am (Or I Will Eventually Forget an Impressive Fount of Knowledge Pertaining To You, And This Knowledge Will Be More Voluminous Than That Learned By Any Potential Future Companions)" but that song was made famous by powerhouse George Jones.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:37 pm

um, Take Me As was first done by Tiny Jimmy Dickens.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:41 pm

Um yourself, Dickens' version wasn't a hit. For pudding proof, look at The Great Hits of Tiny Dickens (1966) - the toetapping A Truck Load Of Starvin' Kangaroos? makes the cut, but not Take Me As. Idea

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:54 pm

That's great, but Take Me As... wasn't a hit for George Jones either. (I'm assuming we're going by measurable metrics like charts and units instead of calling whatever you want a "hit")

Maybe you're thinking of simply Take Me

fyi - Take Me As... was a hit for Ray Price

Last edited by Yakima Canutt on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:17 pm

memo to Professor Quidditchakkis - Bobby Bare also had chart success with Take Me As Idea

Bobby Bare is from Ohio and Bobby Bare exposes the falsehood that Defining Local Characteristics of USA can be accurately conveyed according to Official Region, Official Sub-Region, or Individual State (of 50).  Bobby Bare is from southern Ohio and southern Ohio is just about indistinguishable from northern Kentucky.

I have reviewed the hombre's data which forged this map, and cabron does much more than conjecture- cabron collects clues pertaining to like such as architectural styles and Church Zones of Influence

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:22 pm

¿¿¿estás completa acerca de esta canción apestoso, porque aquí viene ahora ahora??? or maybe u cud expound on the reality that, despite its nonexistence as a single or chart-buster, Twitty Conway's rendish of TMAIAOLMG remains the most urgently searing and achily defiant, with the strenth of 1,000 Beaufort Force 13 down-slope "devil winds" (LOS VIENTOS DEL DIABLO MOLESTOS) that'll make a krinkle-kut crossfire hurricane look like Johnny Olson's Original Rumpus Room ...

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:35 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:Bobby Bare is from Ohio and Bobby Bare exposes the falsehood that Defining Local Characteristics of USA can be accurately conveyed according to Official Region, Official Sub-Region, or Individual State (of 50).  Bobby Bare is from southern Ohio and southern Ohio is just about indistinguishable from northern Kentucky.
I might add that, having done a gig in York Pennsylvania, I found it to be more Southern than Northern Virginia.

As for lumping all those counties west of Lake Michigan with "Yankeedom," somehow I don't think that works as a catch-all for New Prague, New Ulm, Eau Claire, Green Isle, etc., etc., and those Fins and Serbo-Croatian speakers up the iron range. Suspect

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:54 am

The scholar might reply that if he accounted for every immigrant group, he would end up with 1100 Fiefdoms instead of 11 Nations and it is much harder to sell a book called 1100 Fiefdoms. And the scholar would say he is going for Dominant Historical Cultural Influence of Region, and then he would brag about how predictive his model is for things like voting patterns of today, even tho it seems like the Yankee Traveller and the Tidewater Fancy Lad are from yesteryear.   Tho as I recall he has a shitload of smaller maps where he breaks down states by county, too.  I will try 2 post when I get back from church.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:50 am

Yakima Canutt wrote:

The scholar might reply that if he accounted for every immigrant group, he would end up with 1100 Fiefdoms instead of 11 Nations ...
The pinhed thought of that, but the point is not that there are too few divisions -- the point is that the Western Great Lakes Region doesn't look particularly yanqui.

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:15 am

if i can, I will ask Colin why or if he thinks Yankee Cultural Norms have asserted some dominion over Klingon settlers of the Lake Lands

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Mon May 16, 2016 10:24 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  woo on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:16 pm

https://youtu.be/61MCDFy-cJY

woo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top