Doc Watson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doc Watson

Post  pinhedz on Sun May 27, 2012 9:23 am

I just heard Doc was in the hospital. Anybody know how serious it is? He's 89 years old. Neutral

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Doc Watson

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun May 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Badger Mitch says Doct is recooperrayting ably and his colon is showing signs of true grit. Ol' Doct- there's a mescalero who, if given Tang, will go ahead and make Tangueray...Doct's son died in a tractor accident and Doct went ahead and founded a state-wide holiday & mason jar contest to commenerate the poor scamp... hmm, I hope Doct wasn't driving the tractor... Shocked ... afterall Zatoichi the Blind Swordsman & Adventurer is only a fictional creation and Doct should know bettar...

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:31 pm

UPDATE: Badger Mitch cannot be trusted.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:50 am

I saw the Doc perform live one time, and it was an accident. I was just drivin' around lookin' fer Dollywood and the Carter Family Fold, and I happened upon a sign that said "Jamboree," and there was a stage and some soft drinks and vittles, and a whole bunch of just plain folks sittin' on blankets on the lawn. And the pickers was goin' on and off the stage, and then Doc came on.

I was kinda surprised, the Doc bein' such a legend and all. Shocked

Doc wasn't even the headliner. The headliner was Rhonda Vincent sing the Martha White song:

"Goodness gracious good and light
Martha White
You’re the one trust to make it turn out right
For delicious homemade taste
you’re the easy way to bake
make it quick, bake it right
Martha White!"

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  pinhedz on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:02 pm

I reckon it was just an amazin' stroke of luck (and a great honor too) to have encountered Doc Watson and Rhonda Vincent at the same Jamboree:

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Doc Watson has been playing at the Free Admission Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in Golden Gate Park for the past several years, I came very close to seeing him BUT I DID NOT ... I would say 'I will see him next year' but now there is no next year you see. Why did I opt instead for David Grisman and Curly Seckler on the Rooster Stage? And LOOL, I witnessed The Dry Branch Fire Squad because I couldn't be bothered to walk over to The Tower of Gold Stage for also now dead Earl Scrugggs. Well I have learned the lesson. I will not make same error with Ralph Stanley. The Pine Valley Cosmonauts can wait.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:16 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top