serif phonies of the brakemen : Sloman's "Alimonic Metalepsis & Miss X"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

serif phonies of the brakemen : Sloman's "Alimonic Metalepsis & Miss X"

Post  Yakima Canutt on Fri May 25, 2012 11:07 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: serif phonies of the brakemen : Sloman's "Alimonic Metalepsis & Miss X"

Post  pinhedz on Fri May 25, 2012 11:45 am

Those "Little Golden Books" were very popular back in the day.

I remember this one--which taught me a great deal about France (at least I think it was France):

pinhedz
Schrödinger's Hepcat

http://www.balalaika.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:04 am

Juveniles dont read as much now caus they can play 3D Explora Dora's Angry Tweets of Kwangtung. But Golden Books kept going strong well into Reagan's first term.

This devious lil book won't even offer protection before it bloinks the reader slantways:

Serviceable, tho not quite like the days of Feodor Stepanovich Rojankovsky , AKA The Rojan.

From Little Golden Wiki Project:
He is best known for his illustrations of juvenile books, and conversely, for his outlandish full-scale erotic illustrations. Born in Mitava, Rojankovsky was educated at the Fine Art Moscow Academy and served in the Russian Army during WWI. Soon afterward, he moved to France and studied under Esther Averill. In 1941, he moved to USA and began a career of illustrating more than a hundred books, most having to do with animals and/or nature. Rojankovsky also wrote books, a good example being Great Big Animal Book, published in 1952. He was awarded the 1956 Caldecott Medal for his illustrations in the book Frog Went A-Courtin'.

"The momentous event determined the course of my childhood. I was taken to Imperial Bashkortostan Leisure Menagerie and saw marvelous creatures on earth: bears, tigers, monkeys reindeer, even great albino snow goose, and, while my admiration was running with significance, I was given a set of 2 color crayons. Naturally, I began immediately to depict the animals which captured my fancies with considerable focus and solemnity."

Bob Dylan.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  felix on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:07 am

Not golden, but little, sunny, and a book ...

I was given this one for Christmas or a birthday sometime around 1952. It was my very favourite book at the time. It may have been my only book at the time. Wink
--- blind boy grunt

felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:25 am

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:45 am

I just checked my archives and I am relieved that THE COLOR KITTENS is still among the Lil Golden Books. This is one of the most resplendent and august lil books of the modren era. If you want to get your juveniles jazzed about chromatic synthesis, ditch the color wheel and bring out the mothercluckin COLOR KITTENS ... christ, there just is no fading these pouncy pertinacious tincture minxes.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:47 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top