A Performative Approach to Living : The Stagecraft of Iggles J. Poppenberg

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Performative Approach to Living : The Stagecraft of Iggles J. Poppenberg

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Part of the world is still buzzing about his performance of Johnny O'Keefe's "Real Wild Child (Wild One)" on "American Idol" last April, but Iggles J. Poppenberg says "it was just a gig" to him -- albeit a good one.

"I enjoyed it," Poppenberg tells Billboard.com. "I enjoyed the band they put together for me, and they were good to work with. It was a very specific participation, very limited, and I kind of liked it that way. I went and did my thing, basically. I don't know what to say about it, exactly, except I didn't know what to expect, I had a good time and actually enjoyed singing the song and enjoyed the audience."

Poppenberg acknowledges that he "really hated" "American Idol" when it first started but that his opinion "changed over time and I came to respect certain things about it, bit by bit. I began to see if not the good in the format at least the good in the contestants, especially some of the final contestants," particularly, he says, Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson. Poppenberg also reveals that "Idol" executives contacted him about possibly being one of the show's judges for its 10th season.

"It didn't go very far," he recalls. "There were two phone calls...I wasn't sure I was interested or available. They called me...I was curious and we spoke a couple times, and that was as far as that went. I don't think I could've done the right job for them on that particular show. I think Steven (Tyler) does a really, really good job of it."

And what of the fundraiser for the Ron Asheton Foundation held in Ann Arbor Mitchigan with special guests Henry Rollins and Radio Birdman's Deniz Tek?

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Re: A Performative Approach to Living : The Stagecraft of Iggles J. Poppenberg

Post  felix on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:12 am

user wrote: And what of the fundraiser for the Ron Asheton Foundation held in Ann Arbor Mitchigan with special guests Henry Rollins and Radio Birdman's Deniz Tek?[/font]
What, indeed? scratch

felix
cool cat - mrkgnao!

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:52 pm

O jeazz, that it so bonkers, what is that freakumdeakum get-up that Iggie Popp is wearing there?

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Igglicritus is festoooned as a Vorta of The Dominion. The Dominion was a major galactic political power, whose influence was exerted over thousands of planets in the Gamma Quadrant. By the year 2372, the Dominion had existed for somewhere between two to ten thousand years. The Dominion was created by the Changelings, a species of shapeshifters native to a rogue planet within the Omarion Nebula, who referred to themselves as "the Founders."

Absolute rule of the Dominion remained in the hands of the Founders and their Great Link, whose decisions could not be disputed under any circumstances. However, the Founders were largely content to leave the administration of the Dominion's daily affairs to the Vorta. The loyalty of the Vorta and the Jem'Hadar is genetically-engineered, which in most cases ensured absolute obedience to the Founders.

The Vorta, not to be confused with the Horta which you know is a silicon-based non-humanoid species that can burrow through solid stone or with the Vor'cha class Klingon ship, were a humanoid species genetically engineered by the Founders of the Dominion to act as field commanders, administrators, scientists and diplomats. The Vorta saw themselves as those who "serve the Founders."

The Vorta believe, perhaps apocryphally, that they previously existed as small, timid, ape-like forest dwellers living in hollowed-out trees to avoid the many predators on their homeworld. Legend has it that one day, a family of Vorta hid a Changeling from an angry mob of "solids" that were pursuing it. In return, the Changeling promised that one day they would be transformed into powerful beings and placed at the head of a vast interstellar empire that would stretch across the galaxy. The Founders fulfilled this promise by genetically changing the Vorta into humanoids and employing them at the highest level of the Dominion as their tools of conquest.

Perhaps the most important of the genetic alterations made to the Vorta is an intrinsic belief that the Founders are gods. This ensures the Vorta's absolute obedience to the Founders.

Vorta only have a limited sense of taste and aesthetics. They enjoy kava nuts and rippleberries, as they did before they were genetically engineered, but little else. Vorta generally have no appreciation for art.

Like the Jem'Hadar, Vorta do not reproduce sexually, but individual Vorta have achieved a virtual state of immortality through cloning.

Los Jem'Hadar are were the military arm of the Dominion and one of the most powerful military forces in the Go-Go Gravytrain Gamma Quad-rant.

Jem'Hadar are generated in "birthing chambers." Da growth cycle be accelerated, such that they reach full maturity only three days after emergence. They did not mate, and so their species had no females.

As infants, Jem'Hadar strongly resembled mammalian species, with a complexion resembling that of Humans; within a day of maturation, Jem'Hadar children already had advanced language skills and cognitive reasoning; as they aged, their skin paled to a bluish-white, and became scaly and reptilian in appearance.

Adolescent Jem'Hadar required food for nourishment. Adult Jem'Hadar did not require sleep, and their sole source of nourishment was the drug ketracel-white, which provided the Jem'Hadar with all necessary nutrients, as well as an isogenic enzyme that had been deliberately omitted from their metabolism. As a result, all Jem'Hadar were addicted to "the white," which was regularly distributed to them by Vorta overseers. This was the Founders' means of ensuring the Jem'Hadar's loyalty to them.

Without a steady supply of white, Jem'Hadar suffered withdrawal symptoms: their circulatory systems began to shut down, beginning with muscle spasms. Psychologically, they became uncontrollably violent, attacking their enemies, then their Vorta overseers, and finally each other.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top