Trois Couleurs

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:38 am

Bleu

Blanc

Rouge

Back to top Go down

Re: Trois Couleurs

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:03 am

It's not the main plot but I specially remember in Bleu, Juliette Binoche becomes friends with a prostitute who lives in the same building as her... the rest of neighbours don't want her there

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:41 am

The Tres Colores trifecta follows the example not of the original Star Wars trilogy (with three films of generally equal quality [Return of Jedi is the weak link you say, but I might posit that the shabbiness of the Ewok is counterbalanced by the sublimity of Jabba's palace]) but of the Star Wars prequel trilogy - a triptych of notably varying accomplishment. As we can see:

Rojo = Episode III : Rejoinder of Slinking Siths
Azul = Episode II: L'Attaque Des Clones Aujord'Hui
Blanco = Episode I : The Menacing Phantom Lurking in the Shadows of the Mind's Eye

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:11 pm

I haven't seen Star Wars... but yes, they're not the usual trilogy. No lineal plot for the three

Back to top Go down

Post  Yakima Canutt on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Yer but I waz saying the Colores trifecta mirrors the SW prequel experience in that the quality is uneven steven. Rojo is a shimmering cinepocalypse, Azul is well, blue and depressing, and Blanco is an affront on humanity. Julie Delpy- more like Julie Helpme avoid seeing anymore 1990s flicks with that porous continental broad.

Tres Colores be thematic trilology, in the tradishun of Kiezelowsky's previous THE DECA-LOG, in which our Pole makes a movie for every one of La Diez Commandamentos. The Deca-Log becam the golde standard for didactic, somber Euro-fare and Kristoff had to wrack all of his brains to follow it up. First he thought about making a film for every day of the week, but he couldn't come up with a good idea for Tuesday. Then he considered an epic series based on the smallest 168 prime numbers but the Gromulkzda Subsidy refused funding. When he was finally ready to proceed with a slapstick quadriology regarding The Four Humours, he was buried in litigation from a cunning Gary Marshall who was in development for a phlegmatic rock opera with Sting.

Which leads us to The Colors which is a celebration not only of these spectra and associated moods, but also an ode to the French ideals of egalite, hypocrisy, and sex games involving eggs.

Yakima Canutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:51 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top