all across the universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The continuing adventures of Lady Gaga

+6
Old Mack
felix
precinct14
sil
Blondie
eddie
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The continuing adventures of Lady Gaga - Page 2 Empty Re: The continuing adventures of Lady Gaga

Post  Blondie Fri May 06, 2011 2:38 am

✝️JUDAS✝️ has arrived!!!!!!

http://perezhilton.com/2011-05-05-judas-has-arrived-watch-lady-gagas-new-music-video-here

I love it, guess I'm just a Holy Fool The continuing adventures of Lady Gaga - Page 2 2527984640
Blondie
Blondie

Back to top Go down

The continuing adventures of Lady Gaga - Page 2 Empty Re: The continuing adventures of Lady Gaga

Post  Blondie Fri May 06, 2011 2:58 am

Oops! Looks like Perez has taken the video down. Perhaps he unveiled Judas a little too soon.
Blondie
Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post  Blondie Sat May 07, 2011 12:05 am

Here you go: ✝Judas✝ in its entirety.

Blondie
Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Mack Sat May 07, 2011 12:45 pm

'Just like the time before and the time before that !' Bob Dylan
Old Mack
Old Mack

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun May 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Lady Gaga: 'My tour is a religious experience'

In an exclusive interview with Simon Hattenstone for this Saturday's Weekend magazine, Lady Gaga talks religion, bullying and growing horns

Dan Martin guardian.co.uk, Friday 13 May 2011 00.00 BST

The continuing adventures of Lady Gaga - Page 2 Lady-Gaga-wearing-her-Lob-008
Lady Gaga wearing her Lobster hat in London, March 2010. Photograph: Copetti/Photofab/MCP/Rex Features

Lady Gaga has described her relationship with fans in religious terms, saying: "If I can be a leader, I will."

In an exclusive interview with the Guardian, the singer, whose current single is called Judas, refers to her recent Monster Ball tour as "a religious experience", becoming for many, an alternative to organised faith. But she goes on to clarify, "it's more like a pop cultural church".

The pop star has developed a devoted fanbase over the last two years, and her single Born This Way is being championed as an anthem for the disenfranchised, particularly in America.

Yet she insists: "It's more self-worship, I think, not of me. I'm teaching people to worship themselves."

Gaga gives her own explanation as to why her fans, who she dubs "monsters", have come to look to her for guidance rather than the establishment. She says: "The influence of institutionalised religion on government is vast. So religion then begins to affect social values and that in turn affects self-esteem, bullying in school, teen suicides, all those things.

"It puts me in an interesting position as an artist whose fanbase is commercial and widening. If you were to ask me what I want to do – I don't want to be a celebrity, I want to make a difference."

She continues: "I never wanted to look pretty on stage and sing about something we've all heard about before. I'd much rather write a song called Judas and talk about betrayal and forgiveness and feeling misunderstood, and talk to the fans and figure out what it is society needs. If I can be a leader, I will."

The statement appears to echo John Lennon's 1966 declaration that the Beatles were "bigger than Jesus". But Gaga is at pains to point out that she is not fundamentally against the church. "Don't say I hate institutionalised religion – rather than saying I hate those things, which I do not, what I'm saying is that perhaps there is a way of opening more doors, rather than closing so many."

Elsewhere in the interview Gaga talks about the bullying she suffered as a teenager, relating one incident where she was thrown into a trash can. "I was not hard. I'm eccentric and talkative and audacious and theatrical, and I used to get picked on. I got thrown in a trash can on a street corner once by some boys who were hanging out with girls in my class. [I felt] worthless. Embarrassed. Mortified. I was 14. Three boys put me in it. The girls were laughing when they did it.

"I got profanity written all over my locker at school and all the others were nice and clean. I got pinched in the hallways and called a slut."

The full interview appears in the Guardian's Weekend magazine on Saturday (14 May). Lady Gaga releases her new album Born This Way on 23 May.

guardian.co.uk © Guardian News and Media Limited 2011
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Thu May 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Gaga: My mum cut my hair while I was asleep

Lady Gaga reveals inspiration behind 'Hair'

by Julian Marszalek, Posted May 18, 2011

The continuing adventures of Lady Gaga - Page 2 Lady-gaga233aaol-music-uk-news180511
Marc Piasecki, Getty Images

As her promotional juggernaut rolls relentlessly and inexorably on, Lady Gaga has been speaking of the tonsorial nature of her new track, 'Hair'. The song has been released on iTunes ahead of the physical release of her new album, 'Born This Way' which finally sees the light of day next Monday, 23 May.

Speaking to radio station KISS (via Contactmusic), Lady Gaga explained the inspiration behind the song. She said: "When I was young my mom and dad used to ask me to not leave the house dressed a certain way and asked me to change my hair. My mom would even cut my hair when I was asleep because I had really long split hairs, because I liked it really long like a hippy."

She added: "Your hair is your glory and my hair represents my identity as it does represent the identity for many people."

The 'Judas' singer also revealed her passion for certain English activities. She said: "My favourite thing to do is drive away and find a pub in the middle of nowhere and have some fish and chips with mushy peas and a pint of beer."

Someone should tell her that mixing ale with her shampoo adds body and shine without the need for any harsh chemicals. Not sure about the mushy peas, though...

AOL
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Lady Gaga pays the penalty for disturbing the Paris peace

By Candy Bellinger, Jun 18, 2011

The continuing adventures of Lady Gaga - Page 2 Ladygagabg
Bauergriffin

Lady Gaga can do no wrong as far as her fans are concerned but her devotion to the Little Monsters didn't go down well with Parisians.

While staying at the Park Hyatt hotel in the French capital, Gaga decided to show the army of adoring fans gathered outside just how much they mean to her by appearing on the balcony in the early hours of Thursday morning.

As expected, this caused quite a stir amongst the paps the Little Monsters and before you could say 'massive attention-seeker' the cops were there to fine Gaga for disturbing the peace.

A source told The Sun: "Gaga was given a telling off for her antics. Hotel bosses tried to get her to come in because of the frenzy she was creating outside but she didn't listen to the police turned up and fined her.

"She was like a woman possessed. You know what she's like with her fans. She threw hundreds of rose petals and shouted over and said, 'I love you my little monsters'."

At least she managed to keep herself covered up this time otherwise she could have been facing a charge of indecent exposure as well.

AOL
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  LaRue Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:55 pm

Aw, she's so cool!

LaRue
Suzerain Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Lady Gaga colour coordinates her beehive hair and outfit as she jets into Taiwan

By Jennifer Barton, Jul 2, 2011

The continuing adventures of Lady Gaga - Page 2 Gaga-beehive
Matchy-matchy: Gaga in Taiwan. PA

Lady Gaga can take anything and turn it into sartorial inspiration. Who's she getting style tips from lately? Unlikely (or likely, in her case?) as it may seem, cartoon characters.

She flew into Taipei International Airport last night looking rather restrained (by her standards at least), and wearing a squiggle printed black-and white-dress with a matching blonde and black squiggle beehive. We're guessing her fashion inspiration for this one is a cross between Marge Simpson and Cruella de Vil...

AOL
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  eddie Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Lady Gaga wears average-for-her outfit to radio studio

By Philippa Warr, Jul 19, 2011

The continuing adventures of Lady Gaga - Page 2 Lady-gaga-590-gy
Shower curtain skirts and fans are IN this season. Photos: Getty

Lady Gaga arrived at the Z100 radio station studio in New York City on Monday toting a lace fan and showcasing another quirky outfit.

Well, we say quirky but we're developing a Lady Gaga fashion bell curve. At one end is jeans and a t-shirt and towards the other is that meat dress. In the middle is a hump populated by knickers, sunglasses and unwearable shoes.

This outfit can be consigned to the hump. The fan is a modern twist on that purple teacup she was taking with her everywhere a few years back, the lace face mask is the summer version of the gimp mask from that Malta press conference, and that wig has been knocking around for a few weeks now.

Behold!

AOL
eddie
eddie
The Gap Minder

Back to top Go down

Post  Strangedaysahead Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Strangedaysahead
Strangedaysahead

Back to top Go down

Post  blue moon Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:26 pm

cheers Well strangedays. That kept my attention to the end. ...^..,
blue moon
blue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  blue moon Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:27 pm

cheers Well strangedays. That kept my attention to the end. ...^..,
blue moon
blue moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Strangedaysahead Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:41 am

Haha those were some awkwardly embarrassing moments. She may not have good control over her balance but she does have a gifted voice...when she uses it appropriately. Razz
Strangedaysahead
Strangedaysahead

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2